By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Famitsu DS+Wii Teases Announcement of Big Game for Nintendo Systems

sc94597 said:
Keybladewielder said:

Dragon Quest XI being Wii U exclusive would certainly be surprising lol, I mean, why would they release DQ Heroes on the PS3/PS4 to build up the DQ base on those platforms, just to end up releasing the main game on the Wii U? doesn't make any sense.

Why would they release Dragon Quest X for the Wii U? DQ Heroes was probably in development for the PS3 and they wanted to test the series on the PS4 as well. I expect DQXI to be in development for the PS3/3DS as a multiplat with maybe Wii U thrown in. 

Yuji Horii already said DQXI is in development for home consoles, so the chances of it being on 3DS are slim to none.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Keybladewielder said:

Dragon Quest XI being Wii U exclusive would certainly be surprising lol, I mean, why would they release DQ Heroes on the PS3/PS4 to build up the DQ base on those platforms, just to end up releasing the main game on the Wii U? doesn't make any sense.

Why would they release Dragon Quest X for the Wii U? DQ Heroes was probably in development for the PS3 and they wanted to test the series on the PS4 as well. I expect DQXI to be in development for the PS3/3DS as a multiplat with maybe Wii U thrown in. 

That'd make the most sense so I doubt its happening.  Well maybe not a Wii U port thrown in but moreso the PS3/3DS combo since they're the only two platforms with relatively healthy consumer bases.  They can always do an 'HD' port later to PS4 when its built up a decent consumer base.

TheGoldenBoy said:
sc94597 said:

Yuji Horii already said DQXI is in development for home consoles, so the chances of it being on 3DS are slim to none.

He said he would like to play it on the big screen and the game is being developed for a home console. Doesn't leave out the possibility of a 3DS port for SE to cash grab. If it is a PS3 exclusive, I don't think they need a 3DS port, but there is no way they'll make this game a PS4/Wii U exclusive, they both have absymal sales in Japan. 

Proof that SMT x FE is alive and probably will be released either at the end of this year or the beginning of 2016?

Or DQ XI is going back to slightly more traditional roots but will be 3DS or its successor exclusive?

Or a remake (HD or 3D, it doesn't matter much) of Mother 1-2-3 will released on the Wii U, with a North American release already named Mother: Earthbound Collection set for a world wide release in November?

There's still a magazine called "DS+Wii"? o_O

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
There's still a magazine called "DS+Wii"? o_O

I thought the same?Why they haven't put a 3 and U? :P

tak13 said:

Isn't as catchy. Too many syllables.  

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:
tak13 said:

Isn't as catchy. Too many syllables.  

Yep, the same reason IGN's handheld page is still ign.com/ds instead of ign.com/3ds.

I've abandoned hope for DQX in the west a while ago. If it happens I have no idea how I'll react.

lets hope its worth while. they need all the help they can get. dqxi on wiiu not likely because square has always said they will bring there big ips to the biggest user base and wiiu is far from that. maybe xenoblade x date in north america for the monday announcement, wii and ds could be yokai watch or an iwata amiibo. so u can beat it up at will!! lol