By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Famitsu DS+Wii Teases Announcement of Big Game for Nintendo Systems

EricFabian said:
Ljink96 said:
Dragon Quest XI, PS4, please and thank you. Bring back those DQ8 days SE!

yes, you're right! We will have Ps4 news at Famitsu DS+Wii, sure!

Whoops...my DQ side got the best of me... let's say... a new Dragon Quest Monsters 3DS title that America isn't gettingXD I don't know why I posted something about Sony here...It's 2:20 AM where I'm at.

Around the Network
Tlozjb said:

Couldn't be that, Yokai Watch 3 and Yokai Watch Busters already got revealed/announced, they would had announced any other game at that moment, unless there is the possiblitiy of Yokai Watch 3 being only for Wii U.

--------------

I would suspect for it to be DQXI, specially if it is that "really big story" that IGN teased, and if it is related to Japan, I can only think of  DQXI fitting, since a Final Fantasy sub-series wouldn't be big, Yokai Watch 3 is aleady announced, MH4G released recently and unless they have been working on it beforehand, it couldn't be MH5, Pokken Tournament or Pokemon spin-off wouldn't be that big at the moment.  DQXI would be the only "really big story" that could be it, mainly for it being Wii U exclusive, or the same thing but with Yokai Watch 3.

Dragon Quest XI being Wii U exclusive would certainly be surprising lol, I mean, why would they release DQ Heroes on the PS3/PS4 to build up the DQ base on those platforms, just to end up releasing the main game on the Wii U? doesn't make any sense.

it will be something like Tetris HD Remaster to Wii U lol

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Fantasy Life 2? YAY!

First one was enjoyable.

VillANGER said:
Fantasy Life 2? YAY!

First one was enjoyable.

I was beginning to think I was the only person who found the mention of Fantasy Life 2 exciting...

Have a nice day...

Around the Network

well whatever it is I bet we don't get it in the west so care factor ZERO. We been deserted like shit.

Maybe SMT IDK

Keybladewielder said:
Tlozjb said:

Couldn't be that, Yokai Watch 3 and Yokai Watch Busters already got revealed/announced, they would had announced any other game at that moment, unless there is the possiblitiy of Yokai Watch 3 being only for Wii U.

--------------

I would suspect for it to be DQXI, specially if it is that "really big story" that IGN teased, and if it is related to Japan, I can only think of  DQXI fitting, since a Final Fantasy sub-series wouldn't be big, Yokai Watch 3 is aleady announced, MH4G released recently and unless they have been working on it beforehand, it couldn't be MH5, Pokken Tournament or Pokemon spin-off wouldn't be that big at the moment.  DQXI would be the only "really big story" that could be it, mainly for it being Wii U exclusive, or the same thing but with Yokai Watch 3.

Dragon Quest XI being Wii U exclusive would certainly be surprising lol, I mean, why would they release DQ Heroes on the PS3/PS4 to build up the DQ base on those platforms, just to end up releasing the main game on the Wii U? doesn't make any sense.

Well there are two possibilities:

1. The game was originally a PS3-only game, but Sony seeing the PS4 situation in Japan, demanded for a PS4 version aswell.

2. Sony wanted to get DQXI on PS4, but when they went to talk with SE they saw it was too late, and Yuji Horii didn't cave in and SE's president agreed with him, either because of the DQ "tradition"* or because Nintendo is helping in some way with development, and so they went for the next best thing, making DQH cross-gen.

* Dragon Quest numbered games seem to usually go to the best-selling console in Japan, which at the moment in LTD is Wii U, and in weekly it was also Wii U till PS4 began to get that parade of games, and seeing how DQXI is most surely coming out to celebrate the series' 30th anniversary next year, they couldn't had started this year, they must surely started when Wii U was selling better weekly, so it went for that, seeing how Horii said this game was going to home consoles.

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

leedlelee said:
VillANGER said:
Fantasy Life 2? YAY!

First one was enjoyable.

I was beginning to think I was the only person who found the mention of Fantasy Life 2 exciting...

You're most definitely not the only one. : )

Keybladewielder said:

Why would they release Dragon Quest X for the Wii U? DQ Heroes was probably in development for the PS3 and they wanted to test the series on the PS4 as well. I expect DQXI to be in development for the PS3/3DS as a multiplat with maybe Wii U thrown in.