By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bloodborne vs Zelda U vs Rise Of The Tomb Raider. The Rating Game.

Which will have the biggest impact upon release ?

Zelda U 249 60.29%

Bloodborne 121 29.30%

Rise Of The Tomb Raider 30 7.26%

I still don't own a New Gen Console 13 3.15%

Total:413

Zelda will obviously win with the combo of sales and high reviews. I expect BB to have similarly high reviews to Zelda, but lower sales (but still very good, maybe the top selling Souls game).

TR will lag behind both.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Skullwaker said:

You mean the game that sold 4.5m across 3 platforms? We don't even have actual numbers for Skyward Sword; it's likely that it sold around 5m by now (considering the number we have, 3.88m, is from the year it launched) on one platform. 

I mean, you can't be talking about any other Tomb Raider game, because all of the other 'recent' entries sold around 2m or less. Yeah, definitely bigger than Zelda.

No, the game that sold 7.5M.

Ok so If we count the PC, PS3, 360 and then the defintive PS4 and XO versions we get 7.5m

Twlight princess on Wii and GC sold over 8.5m. Your argument which wasn't fair in the first place LITERALLY worked against you. Uncharted and Zelda are much bigger than Tomb Raider. It's a great game but Tomb Raider (Which is very playstation based) won't do much as an Xbone eclusive as far as pushing hardware sales go.

Current Consoles: PS3, PS4, Wii U

PC Specs: i7-4770, GTX 560 Ti, 12GB 1600Mhz DDR3

Nuvendil said:
Kami said:

Thats pretty invalid since the Wii's instal base was much larger than the PS3's.

Install base doesn't do much good if you fund the marketing campaign for your game with the change you find under your couch cushions.  You can't just look at one or two sets of numbers, you have to look at *all* the variables.

Fair enough point. But I do think that uncharted is defintely on Zeldas level with current popularity. The only thing Uncharted lacks that zelda has in that department is nostalgia.

Kami said:
Nuvendil said:

Install base doesn't do much good if you fund the marketing campaign for your game with the change you find under your couch cushions.  You can't just look at one or two sets of numbers, you have to look at *all* the variables.

Fair enough point. But I do think that uncharted is defintely on Zeldas level with current popularity. The only thing Uncharted lacks that zelda has in that department is nostalgia.

Like I said, I think the two are comparable right now in terms of selling power.  Zelda still has the greater brand recognition though, so if all things were equal it would probably have a slight edge.

Kami said:
Lawlight said:

No, the game that sold 7.5M.

Ok so If we count the PC, PS3, 360 and then the defintive PS4 and XO versions we get 7.5m

Twlight princess on Wii and GC sold over 8.5m. Your argument which wasn't fair in the first place LITERALLY worked against you. Uncharted and Zelda are much bigger than Tomb Raider. It's a great game but Tomb Raider (Which is very playstation based) won't do much as an Xbone eclusive as far as pushing hardware sales go.

I take it that we have official numbers available to prove that Tomb Raider (2013) is under tracked by 1.8mil?  Cause when I look it up I get 5.7mil on 5 platforms.

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
Kami said:

I take it that we have official numbers available to prove that Tomb Raider (2013) is under tracked by 1.8mil?  Cause when I look it up I get 5.7mil on 5 platforms.

"As of February 2015, Tomb Raider has sold over 7.5 million units"

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/02/24/square-enix-talks-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-exclusivity-sales-and-more/

Apparently square enix themselves said that. I remember reading about it in Gameinformer.

Kami said:
Nuvendil said:

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/02/24/square-enix-talks-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-exclusivity-sales-and-more/

Apparently square enix themselves said that. I remember reading about it in Gameinformer.

I guess digital can explain some of the disparity.  If it's official, then there you go.  That was still the result of it being onf 5 platforms.  And 2 of those platforms got a remastered re-release that many previous owners probably bought.  So still not a fair comparison to the last Zelda game.

itsFizz said:
Paatar said:
Zelda is going to sell over 5m most likely. Maybe more if not that.

oO that´s what I call optimistic. After all statistically there has never been a Zelda that outsold the mario kart of its generation.

1 Super Mario Kart SNES 1992 Racing Nintendo 3.54 1.24 3.81 0.18 8.76
1 The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past SNES 1991 Action Nintendo 2.42 0.91 1.15 0.13 4.61

1 Mario Kart 64 N64 1996 Racing Nintendo 5.55 1.94 2.23 0.15 9.87
1 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time N64 1998 Action Nintendo 4.10 1.89 1.45 0.16 7.60

1 Mario Kart: Double Dash!! GC 2003 Racing Nintendo 4.12 1.77 0.87 0.19 6.95
1 The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker GC 2002 Action Nintendo 2.60 0.99 0.89 0.13 4.60

1 Mario Kart Wii Wii 2008 Racing Nintendo 15.50 12.61 3.77 3.25 35.13
1 The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Wii 2006 Action Nintendo 3.71 2.09 0.60 0.68 7.08

And thus far on Wii U...

1 Mario Kart 8 WiiU 2014 Racing Nintendo 1.90 1.19 0.92 0.29 4.30
1 The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker WiiU 2013 Action Nintendo 0.72 0.37 0.12 0.10 1.30

I never said it would surpass Mario Kart 8 sales.

I'm talking about lifetime sales. Lmao. And I'm talking about Zelda U, not Wind waker.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Nuvendil said:
Kami said:
Nuvendil said:

I guess digital can explain some of the disparity.  If it's official, then there you go.  That was still the result of it being onf 5 platforms.  And 2 of those platforms got a remastered re-release that many previous owners probably bought.  So still not a fair comparison to the last Zelda game.

No it's not really a fair comparison because I don't think Tomb Raider as an exclusive would move hardware sales that much. If GTA became exclusive it would effect hardware tremendously.

What about Halo 5? Zelda is my choice though. Zelda cannot outsell Halo 5 Though. I am just giving some respect to the list though its flawed. 

Halo sells between 8-11 million copies and its launching this year. Microsoft pretty has the year in the bag.