By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bloodborne vs Zelda U vs Rise Of The Tomb Raider. The Rating Game.

Which will have the biggest impact upon release ?

Zelda U 249 60.29%

Bloodborne 121 29.30%

Rise Of The Tomb Raider 30 7.26%

I still don't own a New Gen Console 13 3.15%

Total:413
Kami said:
Lawlight said:
melbye said:
Zelda U cause not only is it the bigger franchise it also is more likely to sell the most amount of consoles.

Bigger franchise than Tomb Raider? Nopes.

Zelda is much bigger than tomb raider. Even uncharted is bigger than tomb raide. 

uncharted is bigger than zelda

Around the Network
thedawghousev2 said:
Kami said:
Lawlight said:
melbye said:
Zelda U cause not only is it the bigger franchise it also is more likely to sell the most amount of consoles.

Zelda is much bigger than tomb raider. Even uncharted is bigger than tomb raide. 

Actually, in sales the two series are pretty comparable.  Unless you are only comparing the last release for each which is unfair since Skyward Sword was released at the end of the Wii when the system's rep and marketing were at their absolute worst AND the Wii U had already been announced.  Can't take the numbers in a vacuum.  

And don't bring the handhelds up, they're not the same.

HoloDust said:
sabastian said:
Ali_16x said:

Well that doesn't matter because he's not even talking about 2015 in general, just the games. So not sure why he's using Bloodborne.

Well a few reasons.

Bloodborne is a huge new IP exclusive

Bloodborne will be releasing when there is no other big game being released in the same week

Bloodborne is coming to a console that has sold over 20 million consoles and is showing no signs of slowing down

And coming off the heals of great reviews for both Demon's Souls & Dark Souls, Bloodborne may just take it a step further......

IMO

And yet, Dark Souls 2 sold less than 2 million on 160 million combined PS360 user base...I think people generally underestimate Bloodborne's...niche-ness.

It was made by a B-team and was released at the end of the generation for dying consoles.

Bloodborne already has way more attention and hype than any other Souls game because it's made by FromSoft's A team (with the creator of the series as a director) and it's a new setting/IP and it's being funded and marketed by Sony

Zelda U, but for me it will be Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Add me on Xbox: DWTKarma 

Kami said:
Lawlight said:
melbye said:

Historically speaking yes, Zelda is bigger.  But Tomb Raider was reviewed in 2013 and Zelda on WiiU's userbase already has little chance to succeed.

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
thedawghousev2 said:

Actually, in sales the two series are pretty comparable.  Unless you are only comparing the last release for each which is unfair since Skyward Sword was released at the end of the Wii when the system's rep and marketing were at their absolute worst AND the Wii U had already been announced.  Can't take the numbers in a vacuum.  

yeah but i'm expecting uncharted 4 to sell more than any zelda ever made. to be honest with you, zelda is probably the bigger game, it's a classic and it's very popular. the only thing holding it back is the install base of the wii u and bad marketing on the wii. uncharted has the advantage when it comes to install base and marketing definitely.

thedawghousev2 said:
Nuvendil said:

yeah but i'm expecting uncharted 4 to sell more than any zelda ever made. to be honest with you, zelda is probably the bigger game, it's a classic and it's very popular. the only thing holding it back is the install base of the wii u and bad marketing on the wii. uncharted has the advantage when it comes to install base and marketing definitely.

It will be an interesting comparison.  Wii U has a small install base, but the attach rates are pretty insane.  And this being the first HD Zelda AND the first full open world 3D Zelda (barring Wind Waker's take on it)...it could still will be a pretty tight mmatchup I think.

I think out of that list Zelda will win both critically and commercially. Although I think all of them will perform very well in both categories.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

From those three Zelda in every aspect.

Critically the others won't have a real chance. Commercially I'd say Bloodborne is way too niche, Tomb Raider could have a shot but I don't think so. Zelda will give it's console the biggest percentage boost with ease, while one of the others could win in absolute numbers due to those consoles selling more by nature.

Skullwaker said:
I think out of that list Zelda will win both critically and commercially. Although I think all of them will perform very well in both categories.

That part I disagree with. It will likely win critically dueto actually deserving it or blind fanboyism but it will not outsell Tomb Raider. It's on two platforms and the last one sold like gangbusters.

Perhaps may the Xbox version alone but Tomb Raider as a whole is a bigger franchise than that of Zelda.