By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the XBO version of FFXV a mistake?

oniyide said:
TiagoCosta said:

Do they need to own a studio? 

Access games did D4, grounding inc did Crimson dragon, Platinum is making Scalebound, Div8 is doing psycho pass, Moss is doing raiden 5.. 

Do you need more? 

are those JRPGs? im talking strictly JRPGs

LO creator said late last year that he wanted to do a sequel, so yeah mistwalker is available. 

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Chris Hu said:

I guess you never heard of Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Infinite Undisovery and MagnaCarta 2 those where only available on the 360

that was on 360...years ago. Would they do those NOW? i think thats the question he is asking

That would be a question of time and profitability of the genre on Xbox.

With the unification of Windows OS to all MS devices, Japanese publishers/devs would feel more compelled to bring their games to MS platforms. Makes business sense to me.

It is going to sell more on PS4 anyways, and not just because of the gap either.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
TiagoCosta said:
oniyide said:

are those JRPGs? im talking strictly JRPGs

LO creator said late last year that he wanted to do a sequel, so yeah mistwalker is available. 

so no. wanting and doing are very different things. I'll wait for an announcement.

Goatseye said:
oniyide said:
Chris Hu said:

I guess you never heard of Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Infinite Undisovery and MagnaCarta 2 those where only available on the 360

that was on 360...years ago. Would they do those NOW? i think thats the question he is asking

With the unification of Windows OS to all MS devices, Japanese publishers/devs would feel more compelled to bring their games to MS platforms. Makes business sense to me.

why would they at that point? its not like Japan devs have supported PC and Windows a lot over the years. They are doing a bit more but its still not even close to substantial. But that doesnt really answer the original inquiry of whether MS themselves would be willing to dev there own JRPG and i dont think unifying Windows is gonna help

Edit: lets put it this way. Ni No Kuni sold about 1.40mil. LO did .88. the former came out much later and didnt even get the critical praise LO did, but despite that it still sold better. And thats not even talking about the other games that sold less. Now if im MS i have to wonder; why even bother? Not a knock against them, they did try.

Around the Network

They will bring the game to Xbox, but it will be a half-assed port. They really don't care considering 75%+ of the sales will be on Playstation.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

oniyide said:
Goatseye said:
oniyide said:
Chris Hu said:

why would they at that point? its not like Japan devs have supported PC and Windows a lot over the years. They are doing a bit more but its still not even close to substantial. But that doesnt really answer the original inquiry of whether MS themselves would be willing to dev there own JRPG and i dont think unifying Windows is gonna help

Edit: lets put it this way. Ni No Kuni sold about 1.40mil. LO did .88. the former came out much later and didnt even get the critical praise LO did, but despite that it still sold better. And thats not even talking about the other games that sold less. Now if im MS i have to wonder; why even bother? Not a knock against them, they did try.

Nino kuni was praised a bit more than lost odyssey. 

I'm wondering why there are so many off topic posts, is it because of illiteracy, the biased op or both. The only way it is a "mistake" in SE's view is if they break even or loose money. Performance is irrelevant. It doesn't matter how the game performs it will sell. Quality is probably the third or fourth reason a person will buy a game, with performance consisting of a portion of that Which also means that those vying for a PC release because of the poor quality of an "early version" demo are really just using it to tout that PC > Console crap that no one but insecure people care about, especially when increasing performance will be the least likely reason for a possible port. The most likely obviously being money, in which case your gonna need modders to fix it for you, because if you do get a PC port its going to be a shitty one.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Maybe maybe not
I dont know
im not a friken nerd/investor

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

If the game can pass 1 million on X1, then there would be no mistake