By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kojima Expected To Leave Konami After MGS5, Inside Source Confirms

Dusk said:
Kojima is an arrogant goof that has hardly done anything other than MGS. I don't see why it's a big deal. He will just make s MGS rip off at another studio.

Arrogant goof?  Based on what?  He is one of the most humble game developers I have seen.  Also he has made a few other games besides MGS which are very highly regarded.

Around the Network
Dusk said:
Kojima is an arrogant goof that has hardly done anything other than MGS. I don't see why it's a big deal. He will just make s MGS rip off at another studio.

Ignorance is bliss, right?

Barkley said:

Oh GOD, IT GETS WORSE!!!!

I'd rather have nothing than some disgusting rotting mutated Konami creation.

Well ... there IS another horror franchise that would benefit greatly from Kojima's vision, and that franchise is 'Siren'. :)

The PS5 Exists. 

binary solo said:
I imagine he would only leave if he gets to take MGS with him.

He may want to get away from MGS at this point.

Hard to believe Konami would let him go, though. He's about all they have left! With the Love Plus guys quitting this past week, I have to wonder what's going on over there.

GribbleGrunger said:
This could also be the end of Silent Hills too folks.

Well, shit! I'm actually a bit excited for that game.. :/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
Dusk said:

Hopefully he can do other games now. But I also have the same perception that he is very arrogant.

BTW this reminds me of Sakurai, maybe he don't want to develop anymore Smash games and try new things.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I think its about time he moves on anyway. Someone so talented should spend 95% of their career working on one franchise.

I guess this is what's really been happening when Kojima said that the MGS series will end.

Shit! Now I'll never get a new Zone of the Enders.

GribbleGrunger said:
Barkley said:

Oh GOD, IT GETS WORSE!!!!

I'd rather have nothing than some disgusting rotting mutated Konami creation.

Well ... there IS another horror franchise that would benefit greatly from Kojima's vision, and that franchise is 'Siren'. :)

It's a long shot, but Resident Evil!