By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumour: Kojima Leaving Konami?

guy is in chains he wants to break free.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

It would be very bad so no more Metal gear solid games how Konami can survive without mgs

o.O Would he be able to keep Kojima Productions? As long as he can do that i dont care.  Also would Metal Gear Solid be done after that?  I wouldnt mind seeing him do a new ip though.  Kojima and Cliff Bleszinski are two of the most brilliant minds in games in my opinion, but unfortutely Kojima hasnt done much outside Metal Gear

Kojima was really Joakim Mogren all along!

Lol Kojima be trolling =P
For real though isnt he doing Silent Hills?? I would like to see him finish that before he leaves. Also KojiPro can go back to being KCEJ and working on new Metal Gear games without him if thats what it comes down to.
Tbh though, I would love to see Kojima go indie for a few years at the end of his career like a few big name devs have been doing in Japan.

Around the Network

The truth is, if he ever wants to really work on some that that isn't MGS then he has to leave. Konami knows MGS is too big of an earner to just walk away from, but it's no secret that Kojima has longed to wrap it up and move on for quite a while. Thing is as long as he's there and knows Konami will push MGS one way or another he'll always feel obligated to oversee it himself because it's his baby, so voluntarily or not he'll always be roped into doing the same thing.

I think it would be good for him to part ways with them after Phantom Pain

I hope he joins Zynga.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

JayWood2010 said:

o.O Would he be able to keep Kojima Productions? As long as he can do that i dont care.  Also would Metal Gear Solid be done after that?  I wouldnt mind seeing him do a new ip though.  Kojima and Cliff Bleszinski are two of the most brilliant minds in games in my opinion, but unfortutely Kojima hasnt done much outside Metal Gear

He has done zone of the enders, pt, snatcher and policenauts

Ruler said:
JayWood2010 said:

He has done zone of the enders, pt, snatcher and policenauts

ZOE was meh.  I cant comment on Policenauts.  PT demo was good, but im going to reserve judgement on the final game.  

Spot the differences:

and:

'A Hideo Kojima game' is removed on all of them and the Kojima Productions logo is removed on the bottom one

Source: https://twitter.com/VG_Dave