By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sadly, I'm Just Not Sure Nintendo Can Impress Me Anymore

Cloudman said:
outlawauron said:
Cloudman said:

This will be odd for me to say, but I really enjoyed Quest 64, despite how the majority say it was crap. There was something about it that was really fun for me.

It was the first RPG I ever played and I enjoyed it at the time.

I did forget about Paper Mario though. I even played that to completion when it released. :-/

Wow, Quest 64 was your first one? That's an interesting game to start with. How do you feel about the game now?

Also, I forgot about Paper Mario too! Doh! I think Thousand Year Door made me forget about it...

Looking back, it's a pretty terrible game. I just didn't know any better.

For some of the other responses, I have to wonder why people get so bent out of shape by people preferring games aimed at them. Quality of game isn't tied to that audience, so it's not like he's saying Nintendo's offerings are bad. Just not for him.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Ruler said:

I think youre overvaluing nintendos games to say everything on playstation cant be on their level. Super mario 3 world for example gave you an extreme easy mode making the entire game design pointless because it allows you beat the game without any afford.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DKiBTMbJU2k

How is this better game design for example? i was pretty turned off by this when hearing about it

The assumption the guy makes in the video (and I assume you are making) is that somebody will use such a suit for every level / every instance. Some people are very casual players of games and if they can't pass a level, but still want to gain some type of value (see the level or go to the next one which might be easier for them) what's the problem with that? The suit is entirely optional, and most people just ignore it. It is a non-problem unless your entire gaming career is bragging to little kids about how you beat a mario game. And I'm sure the kids are smart enough to catch on that using an invincibility suit gives them no bragging rights, just like when I was a kid using duplicated rare candies in Pokemon Red was always looked down upon when compared with actually leveling a Pokemon to 100. 

While I completely disagree with the OP's position and argument baiting in this thread... perhaps we can look past it all and get to the ROOT OF THE ISSUE! (sorry not sure why i used caps there... dramatic effect?)

Nintendo fans know that your average 3D mario game has more to offer than what people give it for. We also know that the library and gaming mechanics are far more diverse than what's available on every other platform. and yet we still have people yelling to the mountain tops "I'M A MAN! GIVE ME A MANLY GROWN UP GAME!". So if you were Nintendo, how would YOU reach out to these people. Are they reachable? What needs to change in the marketing to get this demographic to see the brand for what it is which is rich diverse gaming experiences across nearly every genre.

run away! 

Ruler said:

How was the gamecube a dissapointment? it got plenty of multi plats in the beginning espacially from western devolopers? And it got some good mature exclusives like resident evil the best looking game in this generation. It was the best nintendo console ever made.
Thats the way nintendo should go and stick with it, evetually their consoles would sell. Their problem is this whole changing around every new generation with new consoles, you never sure what you get with nintendo which scares a lot of people off/

Let's not say things we will regret shall we. :p [Metroid Prime 2 looks way better imo]

I honestly think the GC was much better than the PS2. Only PS2 game me and my friends played a lot was Battlefront 2 and despite that game being great, it was super ugly compared to GC games.

I do agree with your post though.

This guy cares more about console than games for that console.

Around the Network

I am still a fan but I will wait this time around instead of being an early adopter. If I only gamed on the Wii U I would not really be satisfied. I have to supplement with PC, the 3DS, and to a lesser extent the PS3. I think any hopes of Nintendo being the only go to system for a hardcore gamer are completely and utterly destroyed.

Also one more thing: I like the core mascots but I feel like they've become too saccharine sweet over the years, they should consider dialing that back just a tad.

Oh, didn't look at the source. Now it all makes sense.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I've not been impressed by Nintendo since GameCube. I was a huge Nintendo fan prior to that console. Since then I feel like Ninty has been struggling to do anything notworthy for a long time now. Were it not for Wii's controls it would not have been a successful console. Ince that part of it caught on it was smooth sailing for Nintendo. Once that fad wore off people quickly forgot their Wii (seriously, no one I know can tell me what happened to their Wii console) and have neglected to even glance at WiiU.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

curl-6 said:

I was a little bit like this with Sony.

Loved the PS1 to bits, fell out of love with the comparatively soulless and bland PS2, was briefly interested again by the PS3, only to be disenchanted once more by PS4.

Disliked the ps2?

Blasphemy.

Redgrave said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

Agreed. This tells us everything we need to know about the author.

Any need for such a condescending reply? The games don't appeal to him anymore, no need to team against him.

That's fine if the games don't appeal to him anymore. Good for him. But the way he said it is where I take issue (along with many, many others in this thread, if you have read through all the posts. No reason to single me out because of our history). I wasn't being condescending, I was simply saying that I now understand how the author thinks and for this reason, I really don't care about the rest of his opinion. It's not a wrong opinion and I'm not saying I'm better than him (which is what you're implying). I'm just expressing that I don't agree with his opinion because of that paragraph in his article.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.