By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I think I figured out why PS4 is really winning in sales against XB1.

More/better marketing?

Around the Network

let say they did good and their competitor just made a mistake, But even if their competitor is good the result will still favoring PS brand, after all they learned from their past and overcome their mistake, they also had the most strongest brand awareness more then their competitor.

FloatingWaffles said:
Aeolus451 said:

The sales of playstation consoles overall beg to differ. It's more popular as a brand and it sells better than it's competion most of the time. Hand helds is nintendo's market. 

That would be the same thing as me saying that the Xbox brand is stronger though since last gen they were ahead for most, if not all of it. 

Anyways, I understand your point but it's still more of a general preference someone has, so its still an opinion.  If someone likes a movie and I don't, to them it could be a strong brand or franchise, but to me it could be nothing. It's his general preference that he wants to think the PS brand is stronger, his opinion.

xbox hasn't won any console gen as of yet.  It's safe to say, playstation brand > xbox brand.  Just like how the microsoft brand > everyone else in the computer market but if you prefer to think of which brand is stronger as a matter of preference/opinion, then so be it. To each their own.

Sony is a much more trusted brand for all your needed gaming experiences on a world level compared to their competitors. Whatever most people need in gaming and multimedia they've got it. They've established this in the nineties. Microsoft isnt dumb, they wouldn't have risked the integrity of the 360 to beat them a year ahead so they wouldnt have to face Sony face to face last generation and Sony still tied with them. That shows just how powerful Sony is. Microsofts best gen is Sony's worst and they both pretty much tied.

Sony is also known to have more exclusives and huge and highly rated libraries because they can develop games themselves and they have great relationships with third party unlike Nintendo and Sega. Microsoft has been very wise to do business like Sony because it made them a threat last gen.

FloatingWaffles said:
EricFabian said:

#4 is not opinion. PS Brand > Xbox Brand

Yes it is. It's just your opinion that you think the PS brand is stronger, not fact. And you can believe whatever you want, because that's your opinion.

It really is the stronger brand, you know. Objectively.

Better pedigree/history. More known/trusted worldwide. Better overall reception worldwide. It's essentially been a household name in gaming for longer and in more households than Xbox currently is.

What criteria are you actually using to determine that PS's brand being better is simply "opinion"?

Around the Network

It's all because of the pre launch version/vision of Microsoft. End of story.

MB1025 said:
It's all because of the pre launch version/vision of Microsoft. End of story.

Do you actually believe that based on brand trust that Microsoft could beat Sony if they launched on the same day, head to head? The 360's launch was a testament to reason, and it exposed many of Sony's weak spots.

FloatingWaffles said:
Captain_Tom said:
There is no ONE reason. The fact is the PS4 has:

1) Better Hardware
2) Better Games
3) More Games
4) A far stronger brand

Xbox never had a chance.

Most if this is debateable/and or your opinion though. 

I would not think so.

1) Better Hardware: That is a fact. The PS4 is a more powerful system than the xbone

2) Better Games: The PS4 has more higher rated games than the xbone. You cannot dispute the facts even if the xbone has a game you like more than o PS4

3) More Games) This is a fact. I dont think anyone could argue this point

4) A far stronger brand: This is probably the only one you could debate but I will say this, ouside of north america the playstation brand is far bigger. In america i would argue that it is bigger considering that its always been the best selling brand outside of one generation.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

FloatingWaffles said:
Captain_Tom said:
There is no ONE reason. The fact is the PS4 has:

1) Better Hardware
2) Better Games
3) More Games
4) A far stronger brand

Xbox never had a chance.

Most if this is debateable/and or your opinion though. 

Not really

Better Hardware - Fact

Better Games - Semi-Fact (according to reviews)

More Games - Fact

Stronger Brand - Fact

PS2 crushed the original Xbox

PS3 outsold 360 even with it having a year head start and being cheaper

PS4 is nearly 50% of the console gaming market

As of right now I give the Xbox One an edge in features and media services. Neither of which are very important to gamers. 

The launch played a BIG role, tho. Had MS not taken crazy pills that day and had similar policies/focus to start, it would have simply been titles/specs game and it would have been close. I'd have gotten an XB1 first, myself.

As it is, XB has lost way too much ground and their policies left a bad taste in too many ppl's mouths (I still refuse to buy an XB1).