By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I think I figured out why PS4 is really winning in sales against XB1.

RussianHare said:

Bought a PS4, didn't like it, got rid of it 2 days after buying it. Then bought an Xbox One, never put it down since. Console is sexier, the menus are better put together, & wow does the playstation controllers suck, feel like they were made for small children, so small. The only thing PS4 does better is no batteries, everything else lacks far behind X1 & everyone I know uses Xbox, out of like 100 gamers I know, only two use PlayStation, lol. Also Sunset Overdrive is one of the best games ever crafted. I like how there were alot of Sony exclusives coming out, yet half of them didn't even get good scores, but every Xbox exclusive has been deemed good. Only reason PS is doing better is because the Japanese & other foreigners would never touch an Xbox.

Welcome to the site, I see you've never heard of lococyle, crimson dragon, kinect sports rivals or RYSE. I also see you don't appear to know that PS4 has sold more units in the USA than the XBO.

Around the Network

How come no-one called Samus out on the hate for Diablo 3? Diablo 3 is not a last gen console port... anyone claiming so is straight ignorant or slow in the head.

The ps3/360 vanilla versions were PC ports that were heavily modded to play like a new game. The ps4 version was announced at the same time as the ps3 version, but they held off on releasing it to get the expansion and further x86 changes into it.

Vanilla and UEE aren't even the same game.

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

Samus Aran said:

Except your arguments are deeply flawed.

What good exclusives does the PS4 even have currently?

It's the obsession with this point which is why so many people don't understand hardware sales. 

Most people buy consoles for games like Call of Duty, FIFA and Grand Theft Auto. PS4 has the best versions of these games. Ergo that is the system that makes more sense to them.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Brand Name, Momentum, Hype, and Perception.

You guys can go back and look at XBO reveal and thank microsoft for campaigning for PS.  In fact, just thank MSFT for the abysmal 2010-2013 droubt on X360

Metacritic has nothing to do with it though.  Looking at the PS4 library it is arguably the worst of the three consoles.  

MikeRox said:
Samus Aran said:

Except your arguments are deeply flawed.

What good exclusives does the PS4 even have currently?

It's the obsession with this point which is why so many people don't understand hardware sales. 

Most people buy consoles for games like Call of Duty, FIFA and Grand Theft Auto. PS4 has the best versions of these games. Ergo that is the system that makes more sense to them.

The PS4 has remote play, something Nintendo tried to copy, and something Microsoft is in the process of cloning.

Around the Network

lots of heat in this thread. I honestly think the xbox on deserves to be selling on par with the ps4 their about equal on most things these days.

The level of discussion that this thread has deteriorated to is inexcusable. Locking and moderating those in need of it.