By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I think I figured out why PS4 is really winning in sales against XB1.

tokilamockingbrd said:
true_fan said:

Just so everyone is on the same page, do reviews matter again? A few weeks ago I was consistently told there was bias against sony and reviewers can't be trusted.

And please stop just counting the number of games because if windows 10 brings every phone game to XB1 are we going to count those? 90% of those small indie games are terrible and judged on a different scale. When we are talking AA and AAA games sony has had the lowest rated exclusives.

Reviews only seem to matter for bragging rights. Most PS fans only want BB to do well so XB fans will stop giving them shit. Driveclub, Destiny, Dying Light, AC: Unity all very good to great games that have mediocre reviews. I guess I could add Type-0 to that list, but I think its reviews are pretty good for what it is...

Most people I know are getting Bloodborne no matter what the reviews say... So I am convinced in this case it is definitly just about bragging rights (and Sales, reviews do affect sales and people want their to be a sequel)

This, I actually agree with bragging rights being the motivation to mention reviews, especially having to count a bunch of games we have probably never even heard of.

I also agree that bringing up the low review scores of the main ps4 games is the only chink in the armor of ps4, so people sick of hearing about the flawless ps4 will bring up scores until more good games roll in. 

Around the Network

"Today, we're thrilled to unveil the ultimate all-in-one home entertainment system," the Microsoft executive said. "The one with the power to create experiences that look and feel like nothing else. The one that makes your TV more intelligent. The one system for a new generation. Ladies and gentlemen: introducing Xbox One."

Bought a PS4, didn't like it, got rid of it 2 days after buying it. Then bought an Xbox One, never put it down since. Console is sexier, the menus are better put together, & wow does the playstation controllers suck, feel like they were made for small children, so small. The only thing PS4 does better is no batteries, everything else lacks far behind X1 & everyone I know uses Xbox, out of like 100 gamers I know, only two use PlayStation, lol. Also Sunset Overdrive is one of the best games ever crafted. I like how there were alot of Sony exclusives coming out, yet half of them didn't even get good scores, but every Xbox exclusive has been deemed good. Only reason PS is doing better is because the Japanese & other foreigners would never touch an Xbox.

RussianHare said:

Bought a PS4, didn't like it, got rid of it 2 days after buying it. Then bought an Xbox One, never put it down since. Console is sexier, the menus are better put together, & wow does the playstation controllers suck, feel like they were made for small children, so small. The only thing PS4 does better is no batteries, everything else lacks far behind X1 & everyone I know uses Xbox, out of like 100 gamers I know, only two use PlayStation, lol. Also Sunset Overdrive is one of the best games ever crafted. I like how there were alot of Sony exclusives coming out, yet half of them didn't even get good scores, but every Xbox exclusive has been deemed good. Only reason PS is doing better is because the Japanese & other foreigners would never touch an Xbox.

Truth. The Xbox One is killing it right now. I play it far more than my PS4. The one thing thats a fact about Sony is that they are slow starters but once they hit their stride they pretty much run away with the ball. All they have left to do is come away with some AAA classics and they are set. They couldn't ask for a better gen right now outside of high rated AAA exclusives. Last of Us was the first, BloodBorne is going to be the second and Uncharted will be the last I am sure. 2016 has the prized game. For now it seems like MS has 2015 in the bag without much of a fight from Sony or Nintendo for the gamers who care to take notice. 

true_fan said:

Just so everyone is on the same page, do reviews matter again? A few weeks ago I was consistently told there was bias against sony and reviewers can't be trusted.

And please stop just counting the number of games because if windows 10 brings every phone game to XB1 are we going to count those? 90% of those small indie games are terrible and judged on a different scale. When we are talking AA and AAA games sony has had the lowest rated exclusives.

I'm against using reviews as a measure of quality in games or gaming devices. Regardless if it's positive or negative to the brand I like or any other.

Around the Network
Nate4Drake said:
Captain_Tom said:
There is no ONE reason. The fact is the PS4 has:

1) Better Hardware
2) Better Games
3) More Games
4) A far stronger brand

Xbox never had a chance.

For the better games is always a metter of taste and opinions, in general, though I agree PS4 has more games, more variety, and better multiplatform games.

For the exclusive is up to you;

Hardware is more capable, yes, the Playstation Brand is far more popular, I agree.

But you know, MS have still a chance in NA and UK with their crazy deals in High Holiday Season to be competitive and try to recover some distance(only in NA and UK). But sure this Generation is over already in the Global, PS4 is too strong in ALL TERRITORIES; no chances for the others.

It will be like PS2 Gen(VS GC and XBox), simply with a bit less Market Share for PS4, because X1 is more competitive than XBox in NA and UK.

In my opinion the OP proved that my opinion isn't an opinion :P.  Just look, the PS4 does have more highly rated games.

Idk why so many think the US/UK are still possible winners for Xbox either.  Sony is winning there while half asleep and the PS4 is cheaper to make than the X1.  If Sony wanted to they could be at $300 NOW.

RussianHare said:

lol not even worth my time.

true_fan said:
Plot twist how many of those high scores are actual big games and not small indies, to each his/her own though.

PS before you mention Ori, the developers talked about how MSFT assisted in man power and funding. Plus MSFT owns the ip, Ori is as big as knack to me

ps4 is outselling Xb1 mainly because of MSFT blunders and the initial price.

If you accept Ori you accept downloadable titles.  You can't have it both ways.  What does the initial price have to do with it STILL being outsold by similar margins?

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

true_fan said:
tokilamockingbrd said:

Reviews only seem to matter for bragging rights. Most PS fans only want BB to do well so XB fans will stop giving them shit. Driveclub, Destiny, Dying Light, AC: Unity all very good to great games that have mediocre reviews. I guess I could add Type-0 to that list, but I think its reviews are pretty good for what it is...

Most people I know are getting Bloodborne no matter what the reviews say... So I am convinced in this case it is definitly just about bragging rights (and Sales, reviews do affect sales and people want their to be a sequel)

This, I actually agree with bragging rights being the motivation to mention reviews, especially having to count a bunch of games we have probably never even heard of.

I also agree that bringing up the low review scores of the main ps4 games is the only chink in the armor of ps4, so people sick of hearing about the flawless ps4 will bring up scores until more good reviews roll in. 

fixed.  It has the games.  I've been playing them.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

My theory is that people are buying a PS4 because the other two consoles suck. Since the PS4 doesn't suck as hard as the rest it gets all the sales. See, it's pretty simple!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"