By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Files The Last Guardians’ 3rd Trademark Application

bananaking21 said:

based on everything we know, which is almost nothing. the game has been in development for like 8 years now, announced for 6. team ico had key members leave, and the game has been through development hell. the game skipped an entire fucking generation. i see nothing at all to suggest that this game will be good simply because the team made two good games around a decade ago. 

I don't see any reason to suggest it will be bad though. I'd say the delay is partly to do with moving the engine over to the PS4 but that's just speculation, as is everything else we are talking about. We can't possibly come to any conclusions at this point. All we can say with any certainty is 'we'll have to wait and see.'

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:

based on everything we know, which is almost nothing. the game has been in development for like 8 years now, announced for 6. team ico had key members leave, and the game has been through development hell. the game skipped an entire fucking generation. i see nothing at all to suggest that this game will be good simply because the team made two good games around a decade ago. 

The only real key member is Fumitu Ueda and as far as I know he kept working on it as a freelancer. He's the creative guy, all the rest need to do is not make it run at 10 fps and squash bugs.

GribbleGrunger said:
bananaking21 said:

I don't see any reason to suggest it will be bad though. I'd say the delay is partly to do with moving the engine over to the PS4 but that's just speculation, as is everything else we are talking about. We can't possibly come to any conclusions at this point. All we can say with any certainty is 'we'll have to wait and see for bananaking to turn out right.'

fixed that for ya!  

The Last Guardian Forever

6 years since we saw the last of this game. It's been a while. I hope to see something by now.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

Around the Network

So, TLG is not dead after all! Now, let's hope that the game will actually be worth a damn!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

So the reason they didn't renew the last one is because it changed from "Guardian" to "Guardians"?

Good news

Here's hoping that we hear something about this game this year.

Well.... the copyright claim confirms that The Last Guardian is still a video game, there goes my theory about Sony branching out into musical theater.