By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: UbiSoft and EA are not coming back on nintendo

UbiSoft and EA are not coming back on nintendo

100% correct! 66 20.00%

Yes, I think it also. 53 16.06%

no Idea/maybe 56 16.97%

I do not care! 69 20.91%

No. 68 20.61%

see results 18 5.45%

Total:330
KazumaKiryu said:
Materia-Blade said:

If you're talking about 8th gen, EA never was with nintendo.

hello : )

On the WIIU, they bring no games in the future. I'm very sure. EA and Ubisoft have no interest in the WiiU.(konami too)

I'm talking about the new nintendo console (maybe 2016?). what do you think, coming EA / Ubisoft back? I'm curious on your opinion! best regards

When WiiU hits 15 mill.. And EA know they have 2-4 sure 1 mill+ sellers.. (half a billion in earnings) i think they will be back.. otherwise some will fire the "morrons"

It's all about the money.. money.. money..

Around the Network

Nintendo can do whatever they want now. They don't need third parties for anything. As long as the NX platform doesn't take a loss for them, with new revenue streams like smartphone games, movies/TV shows coming, and whatever QoL pitches in ... they're no long beholden to the traditional game business or the rules thereof.

They can now theoretically make money in a fiscal year/quarter where even their home console/portables do terribly. It's not the end of the world for them anymore. 

Also it's always funny to me that EA takes so much sh*t from Nintendo fans. Where's the outrage at Square-Enix? They treated the Wii U like sh*t and they said things like they'd like to see Final Fantasy return on the next Nintendo platform too (my ass Square-Enix). Capcom has treated the system like crap too and totally abandoned it. Namco will take Nintendo's money to be development grunt muscle on Wii U but they won't support it with any of their own bigger IP ... the new Tekken is PS4/X1 only. I wouldn't hold my breath for Ridge Racer U or Soul Calibur U unless you want to die a slow death. 

Ubi Soft at least tried reasonably hard for Wii U. Which is more than I can say than basically any Japanese third party, yet they got off scott free cuz they're supposedly "Nintendo's friends". Yeah with friends like that who needs enemies ... 

Soundwave said:

Nintendo can do whatever they want now. They don't need third parties for anything. As long as the NX platform doesn't take a loss for them, with new revenue streams like smartphone games, movies/TV shows coming, and whatever QoL pitches in ... they're no long beholden to the traditional game business or the rules thereof.

They can now theoretically make money in a fiscal year/quarter where even their home console/portables do terribly. It's not the end of the world for them anymore. 

Also it's always funny to me that EA takes so much sh*t from Nintendo fans. Where's the outrage at Square-Enix? They treated the Wii U like sh*t and they said things like they'd like to see Final Fantasy return on the next Nintendo platform too (my ass Square-Enix). Capcom has treated the system like crap too and totally abandoned it. Namco will take Nintendo's money to be development grunt muscle on Wii U but they won't support it with any of their own bigger IP ... the new Tekken is PS4/X1 only. I wouldn't hold my breath for Ridge Racer U or Soul Calibur U unless you want to die a slow death. 

Ubi Soft at least tried reasonably hard for Wii U. Which is more than I can say than basically any Japanese third party, yet they got off scott free cuz they're supposedly "Nintendo's friends". Yeah with friends like that who needs enemies ... 

Because EA was the worst. oh, ubisoft didn't try reasonably hard.

I don't see how they relate. EA and Ubisoft will go where the sales are. If the next Nintendo platform is huge in terms of sales, they will gravitate towards it. Being mobile has nothing to do with anything. They don't have ridiculously high standards to write off a market for such a trivial reason.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Materia-Blade said:
Soundwave said:

Because EA was the worst. oh, ubisoft didn't try reasonably hard.

EA wasn't the worst. Need for Speed is actually probably still the best racer on the system not named Mario Kart. 

Capcom didn't give a rats ass about this platform, all they did was port two 3DS games and call it a day. 

Square-Enix ... went running back to Sony the moment the PS4 even had a flicker of success and gave them Dragon Quest Heroes, where's the Wii U version? Where's Final Fantasy Wii U? Not even a sh*tty spin-off? Can't even be bothered? But Sony needs help selling the PS4 in Japan? Guess who shows up in spades to do the heavy lifting. I mean hell they'll even give Microsoft a taste. 

Konami? lol, not even one notable Wii U title. Guess they couldn't even be bothered to petition Nintendo to put Snake in Smash Bros. this time around. 

Where's the nerd rage towards these companies? Oh yeah they get a free pass because they're Japanese. 

Square-Enix has treated Nintendo consoles like sh*t since the N64 days really if we're honest. What games have they given Nintendo? The one major console game in 20 years is Dragon Quest X, a game that did jack all for Nintendo becuase they decided to make it a lame MMORPG rather than a "real" DQ game. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles on Wii was hot garbage too. They tried harder on the PSP with Final Fantasy Dissidia. 

Around the Network

Never say never, Ubi still has to release that questionare thing which would bomb anywhere.

View on YouTube

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

pokoko said:
Bofferbrauer said:
Good Riddance, especially in the case of EA. Ubisoft is still there with smaller titles like Just Dance and Child of Light and these are actually good and innovative. if they would leave it that way I'll be more than fine with it.

I'd doubt if EA would even come back if Nintendos next Console would be vastly superior to PS4/Xbox ONE, because I'm sure they will again vote against any Origin Inclusion the way EA would want to have it (selling EA Titles through it to bypass the eShop), so they're gone for good. Their loss, our win, I guess

Wait, you can bypass the PS4 and XO shops to buy directly from EA?  I did not know that.

Probably not, but that's a thing EA actually wanted to do on the Wii U. Not just making Origin necessary to run them, but even to buy them. Of course Nintendo said no to such an idea and also said that Origin would also only be optional (as Uplay does), to which EA said no an stopped development of Wii U games as soon as they saw they could do without it.

u need sports games!!!!

Ubisoft would come back, EA, not so much

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Bofferbrauer said:
pokoko said:

Wait, you can bypass the PS4 and XO shops to buy directly from EA?  I did not know that.

Probably not, but that's a thing EA actually wanted to do on the Wii U. Not just making Origin necessary to run them, but even to buy them. Of course Nintendo said no to such an idea and also said that Origin would also only be optional (as Uplay does), to which EA said no an stopped development of Wii U games as soon as they saw they could do without it.

Seriously?  That doesn't make any sense.  Who said that, EA or Nintendo?  I love to read the source, please.