By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Help me: Explain what you don't like with mobile gaming!

Tagged games:

DanneSandin said:
Ostro said:
I guess I dislike the small devices and that's something you can't change as a software guy.
Buttons (if they exist) are too small and weird (flat surface like the screen, clicky, unresponsive), screens are filled with stuff so the game is reduced to 50% screen, sometimes even more controls are scattered on the screen. Fast paced stuff is almost impossible because on-screen inputs make you move your fingers across the screen which always hides parts of it.
You basically only have a NES controller with bad buttons to work with because mobile devices lack input options.
You'd have to come up with a new control scheme (using what's available on every mobile device; and I wouldn't say that sensors for acceleration, gravitation, etc. are good control inputs) to get a "hardcore" game running that can be played well. But then you face millions of people who only own those devices because they are insanely easy to use, there's no way they'd be interested in a complex game so you are left with a small group of interested people who'd have to pay more to make your game a financial success which won't happen because "hardcore" gamers love small prices because they buy pretty much anything.
Off topic but I thought I'd save you days/weeks of thoughts on this. You can get around pretty much anything (no micro transactions, a well designed UI to make complex stuff easy to understand but still challenging instead of a visual novel, ...) but there's no way you can get around the lack of good input options and the screen size (not resolution) on all those devices.

I guess you don't like handheld consoles as well then? But I agree that "digital" buttons sucks ass!

The solution is simple though:

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
DanneSandin said:

I guess you don't like handheld consoles as well then? But I agree that "digital" buttons sucks ass!

Aaaaw hell no! THIS is the solution ;)

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

1. Lack of depth
2. Notifications reminding me that its time to play
3. When the core game mechanic was built specifically with micro-transactions in mind
4. I'd like to use my phone's battery for something else. Hate having a low battery, especially since I love in a country that doesn't have 24/7 mains power supply
5. Adverts, especially the type that pops up and takes over the entire screen
6. Game using my limited cellular data to load ads
7. Pop ups asking me to rate the game. Just leave a rate us button in your game's menus.
8. Sometimes, console-like controls are shoe-horned into a touch screen interface. Unless a console version of the same game won't use too many buttons, this leads to crappy controls
9. Usually ridiculously repetitive because no matter how polished the core mechanics, that's usually all you can do in the game. I have badlands, infinity blade, cut the rope, republique, etc, but I get bored with a lack of level variety. My most played mobile game is Words with friends

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

- I find myself not as immersed with the lack of control that touch screen is limited to.
- Majority of games are quick cash grab thus the quality/heart isnt really there.

DanneSandin said:
JRPGfan said:

Aaaaw hell no! THIS is the solution ;)

Around the Network

Mostly the missing buttons.
On-screen buttons and d-pads are crap.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

everything that i hate almost said in here, plus it kill mainstream game industry especially the profit and market share. quantity over quality and micro transaction.

Definitly unprecise controls.

Touch controls will just never be precise and hardcore gaming requires precise control. Not to mention they cover the screen with your fingers. Its fundamentally flawed.

vivster said:
A 6" display is not as big as a 50" display. Now go fix that for my mobile phone.

Eh? I hardly think that's a problem at all. I'd rather play games on a Game Boy Micro than a Galaxy Note.

Barkley said:
Microtransactions, waiting, energy system (can only play a certain amount of times in a day.) Controls depending on the type of game, often far too simplistic or feature lacking.

This!