By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rubang's Reviews #1: If you don't like Brawl you're not a real gamer!

Damn, I'm not a real gamer? Better sell all my shit quickly, I've been fooling myself!

Around the Network

I don't like fighting games...

I fail as a gamer :( I liked melee more >

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

pichu_pichu said:

You are lying

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

bouzane said:
"If you don't like Brawl you're not a real gamer!"

That's a pretty ignorant comment. I have no time for shallow, derivative fighting games, does this mean that I am not a real gamer? If you took away the nostalgia of playing with familiar characters then SSB would quickly come crashing down to Earth. No offense, I'm not just stirring the pot but SSB doesn't stack up well to fighting games that have depth, or even brawlers like Power Stone.

I'll repeat this.  It's my entire argument:

I didn't mean to imply I like all my games simple and fun.  But I do prefer games that aren't so overly complex as to alienate the majority of the planet.  The best games take after chess, in that they have a very simple moveset that anybody can learn in a couple minutes, but you can spend the rest of your life mastering the complex strategies possible with the diverse combinations of those simple moves.

I definitely want complexity in many of my games.  But I want the complexity to come from my brain and not from my fingers.  I want the complexity to be in the strategy and not in the buttons.  A game like Brawl may be easy to play, but it's not easy to win.

Around the Network

Uh, there are very few gamers then. Something like 5 million. I always thought I was a gamer but I guess not. Tekken/doa are better fighters anyway.

elgefe02 said:
pichu_pichu said:

You are lying

I like brawl but not fighting games...

There's 2 simple reasons why Brawl was a dissappointment to some gamers RubangB, including myself:

1. Horrible online : Not much choice in how random brawls are played, only for 2 minutes, laggy throughout unless you live close by the individuals you're playing against and even then it still lags. Online was the main reason several gamers such as myself got Brawl, to test our skills online and to be able to play an actual ssb game with other people and HOPEFULLY see where we stand in skill level.

2. Slow gameplay: Nintendo seriously should have left Brawls gameplay pace the way Melee was. Wavedash and all, it still would have been much more fun even if you got your but handed by tourney players. Then you could get better as time goes on and learn new tricks (if you didn't already know how to wavedash, use L-cancel etc. that is). Aside of the tricks, the movement was ultimately what killed the gameplay for me, it's just too slow and limited. Melee allowed you to go to your limit in speed and you could move as fast as the speed that your hands could move.

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

I played this game quite a bit when it first came out, I didn't like it and I just couldn't get into it. The way I see it, SSBB is the wii's gta4. A good game in it's own right but nothing outstanding and in the end the victim of too much hype.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

pichu_pichu said:
elgefe02 said:
pichu_pichu said:

You are lying

I like brawl but not fighting games...

The same to me, I love Smash and JUS, but the 3D figther or 2D figther type SF don´t.