By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rubang's Reviews #1: If you don't like Brawl you're not a real gamer!

Also, I want to reitterate, this game IS revolutionary imo, not in depth and expansion of gameplay, but in breadth of content.

If games started offering as much as Brawl does, we as consumers, would move into a state of gaming bliss.

This goes beyond length, to adding features that make perpetual play and increasing depth as time is put into a game. There have been games that have done this before with simply online and skill building exercises, but this feels like it takes that to a whole other level. It feels like 4 games in one, without actually being 4 games in one. If feels like they accomplished what the Orange Box did, without repackaging old games with the new.

It's "next gen" in terms of what a single game should offer the player for their money. You won't find any games that can accomplish this, because it takes an unbelievable amount of time, work, and money to do so, and most games just don't have those resources available.

It's not their fault, and you can't blame them, but you can buy Brawl, because its something that is obviously quality in every single aspect, and its hard to get around that fact when you review it. This game is just overwhelming.

Melee is crappy by comparison, and that's saying a lot.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

While I agree that Brawl is the best game I've played this year .....

If someone doesn't like it, their not a real gamer? Im not buying that crap.

If someone likes deeper fighters like Virtua Fighter, but don't like Brawl their not real gamers? Huh?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

ZenfoldorVGI's got the right idean about Brawl, and some surprisingly good score numbers.

@outlawauron, It depends on your definition of the word "deeper," since I'd still argue that Brawl's got deepness for days over Virtua Fighter, but that's just me. The sumo scoring and ring-out mechanics with the items, platforms, double and triple jumping, final smashes, stage editing, and 4 players makes it deeper than any other fighter ever made.... IMHO sir.

So Day 2 of the new time system. Will RubandB be doing other reviews.

Need people to play online with me for Brawl.
4382-1731-1511.

Name is DROAK.  

I don't know about RubandB, but RubangB will review something else eventually. Not sure what yet. No game wants to be the game reviewed by me right after Brawl. Maybe I should take a step sideways and do Endless Ocean or something. No idea. Anyway, Day 2's pretty lame. Too much homework to review anything or play any Brawl. But I shall return!

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Rubang's Reviews seems it should be named to "Fanboy Rants".

We're not real gamers if we don't like brawl? Okay then. I'll be a "fake" gamer.

Just read my responses to Rubang.

Science has now proven that REAL GAMERS DO NOT PLAY BRAWL.

Yeah, I just pulled that "Science" thing out of my ass. 

The Ghost of RubangB said:
In case you didn't get the memo, you were supposed to buy a Wii to join the gaming interface revolution. That had nothing to do with Brawl. Brawl is the sweet sweet farewell to traditional controls. You buy Brawl to be a real gamer. Now the sky's the limit. Traditional gaming has been perfected! Now we wait for Wii Fit, a slew of arcade shooters, and crazy new innovative motion and pointer uses.

WTF? It's more like a sweet farewell to sucking hind teat. After playing this game for awhile I can safely say it's a real shame they didn't take some time with this and add some extra polish. It's like a rushed launch title.

I lie. A lot. 

I don't think you guy's understand just how good this game is...

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

welcome back riot.

OT: I believe in fkusumot, hence I heed his call. Must not buy gameing farewell to traditioanilsts.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Riot Of The Blood said:
I don't think you guy's understand just how good this game is...

Going from stealth trolling to joke posting? If so then I heartily approve.

And welcome back!