By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rubang's Reviews #1: If you don't like Brawl you're not a real gamer!

Rubang's Reviews seems it should be named to "Fanboy Rants".

We're not real gamers if we don't like brawl? Okay then. I'll be a "fake" gamer.

Around the Network

def a great game....and i love the nun/wii mote setup

DMeisterJ said:
Rubang's Reviews seems it should be named to "Fanboy Rants".

We're not real gamers if we don't like brawl? Okay then. I'll be a "fake" gamer.

While I agree about the title, I'm not 100 percent sure you know if you would like Brawl if you played it, or not.

It's like me saying, "Oh I hated MGS2, so I won't play MGS3, and I don't like MGS4 either."

Come on man, don't infer you don't like the game, just say its not your kind of game. That makes the Wii owners who don't hate on the PS3, feel bitter about fanboys trying to flame and damage control the highest rated game of the year, and their favorite so far.

Also, like the MGS2 argument, its a little silly to say you don't like Brawl because of what you've seen in trailers and because you played Melee.

Here is my review:

Brawl's gameplay, at heart, is similar to Melee, however, the game is a huge leap forward.

An easy example is this. Take the gameplay from Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox, and equate it to Brawl. Now make Ninja Gaiden the best MMO you've ever played in your life, with a single player story better than the Xbox version, but also the whole new element of being a MMO, with SO much to do that you can't see around it.

Brawl is revolutionary. Not because of the increased depth of its gameplay, but because of the breadth and quality of its content. Everything has been maticiously perfected.

...and just for those who never played Melee, the combat is very strategic, and a skilled player will own a n00b every time. Even with all items on.

Brawl scores a 9.8/10, taking .2 points off for the following nitpicks: Load times a tad too long, SSE missions early on, are sometimes repetitive, with the goal of adding length to the game.

I've never seen a single player game with more content, or replayability and that includes The Orange Box, and that's before a second player even picks up the controller.

I would rate Ocarina a 10/10 and SMG a 9.8/10. MGS a 9.7/10, and MGS3 a 9.5/10. I'd get into the Final Fantasies but that's a slippery slope.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I'm not saying that I don't hate brawl. I've never played it. But I loved Melee.

I'm saying that if I play it and don't like it, I'm not a "real gamer"? That's dumb.

Okay. If you don't like MGS4 you're not a real gamer.

How much sense does that make? None.

I have no interest in brawl, but you kids have fun. I game for at least 3 hours a day. It's such a paradox now being as non-gamer and gaming so much.

So what do you win if your prefered console sells more than another?

Around the Network

Awful topic name. If you're a real gamer you'll see that it's a fun but transparent fanboy fest. Most of the characters play the complete fucking same, and the game barely looks any different. They should have dumped more of the old cast and made way for way more new people.

That's what wrong w/ gaming -- people aren't demanding NEW things, people want more and more of the same.

It's a cool game, and it's fun for a Nintendo fan. But it's not any revolution or break through. Compare to Melee and all I see is how the substance of the actualy game hasn't changed at all. This could have come out 2 years after Melee, on the same system, because it feels like a really polished expansion pack. Any Nintendo fan could say "Well, put more music in! Put more of these obscure N characters as trophies!" Making and fixing the engine is where the GOODS of a game like this is supposed to be.

What SHOULD they have focused on? The mechanics. Control is still way loose and sloppy, the new chars are barely tweaked, and few new chars really offer new ways feel very different (Poke trainer & Pikmin guy are good ideas).

There's nothing wrong w/ enjoying Smash, but I really think that, like most blockbusters, is just reinforces that games are more about the EXPERIENCE and the POLISH these days than innovative game ideas.

I'll be playing it a fair amount single and multi, but after so much time in Melee, which was a completely NEW kind of game to me and most of the people I knew, there's no way to get that level of enjoyment again or need to play it so much when it's basically the same thing, six years later

This game is definitely not revolutionary. And you're right haleonUnlimited, this thread title really fails hard. I happen to love smash bros. in general, but if you don't, you are definitely still a gamer. Maybe not a Ninty fanboy or party game afficianado, but still a gamer.

thanks RUbang and Zen for yours reviews...
ThanKs Fkusumot for you anti-review..

Good thread

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

where is the love, the love, the love...

from what i've read, title topic could have been better stated. and coming off from what G-Unlimited said: ppl like the same things b/c it's whats good. it's like a cycle really; what died off years ago is now popular again. that's why mario and zelda never grow old

DMeisterJ said:
I'm not saying that I don't hate brawl. I've never played it. But I loved Melee.

I'm saying that if I play it and don't like it, I'm not a "real gamer"? That's dumb.

Okay. If you don't like MGS4 you're not a real gamer.

How much sense does that make? None.

Ah, I see, I thought you meant that and the other too. In that case, I completely agree with you.

Even though it is my opinion that if you hated MGS3 you probably never played it, but that's just my fanboy opinion in my own head, and I would never even say it, unless it got brought up, like it did just now, lol.

MGS3 ftw! 

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.