By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rubang's Reviews #1: If you don't like Brawl you're not a real gamer!

Despite the fun fest this has turned into, Ill have to come out and say Im not a real gamer. Melee was fun, but I wasnt about to go buy a wii just for brawl. Best game ever? Not to me.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Around the Network

In case you didn't get the memo, you were supposed to buy a Wii to join the gaming interface revolution. That had nothing to do with Brawl. Brawl is the sweet sweet farewell to traditional controls. You buy Brawl to be a real gamer. Now the sky's the limit. Traditional gaming has been perfected! Now we wait for Wii Fit, a slew of arcade shooters, and crazy new innovative motion and pointer uses.

NYANKS said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
1) Kim Possible's too young. The show's only from 2002. The only characters in Brawl younger than that are Ike and Lucario, but they're from Nintendo series that date back to last millennium.

2) Kim Possible is not a video game character. Every character in every Smash Bros. was a video game character BEFORE becoming anything else. No TV or movie tie-ins are allowed. You either come from games or don't. The one exception is R.O.B., but he's an exception to every rule in the universe, and gets to dominate every game he makes a cameo in.

3) While "chu" is a mouse's squeak in Japanese, Pikachu are not mice.

Whether you like her is irrelevant, nor is youth. Fact of the matter is that she would fit in this game. If youth is your only objection, you've already conceded her validity in the game and are only arguing that she is too new a character to be in the game. This argument reeks of fail. And also, Pikachu is a mouse type pokemon, so you fail again.

I wasn't conceding anything.  I was just adding some more arguments I thought you might accept.  She's not even a video game character.  Neither are the Disney characters, so they work in a specific crossover universe for KH, but not in the Nintendo universe.  Maybe she should be in the next Kingdom Hearts.

Also, "mouse-type," "mouse-esque," and "mouse-ish" may be used to descripe Pikachu if you'd like, but that's very insulting to them, since they are their own species, as are all Pokemanz.  It's like confusing Chileans and Peruvians.  You could get shot.

haha, ghost.

man, you are politician crazy.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
In case you didn't get the memo, you were supposed to buy a Wii to join the gaming interface revolution. That had nothing to do with Brawl. Brawl is the sweet sweet farewell to traditional controls. You buy Brawl to be a real gamer. Now the sky's the limit. Traditional gaming has been perfected! Now we wait for Wii Fit, a slew of arcade shooters, and crazy new innovative motion and pointer uses.

I'm afraid no such memo arrived, and had it, I'd have laughed heartily and gone back to playing the PS3. To you, the farewell to traditional controls (even though im pretty sure this game was made to be played with the gamecube controllers anyway) may be sweet to you but an annoyance to me, I much prefer the feeling of a controller (and a keyboard and mouse) to a wiimote. Brawl is a great game from all Ive heard, and Id enjoy it very much, just not enough to justify buying a Wii,a nd then buying another 3 controllers to enjoy it "properly".

Now, I bought my PS3 to be my definition of a real gamer; I just have to wait for the slew of games coming out this year that Ill love...and whenever they decide to release FFXIII...oh the lonely nights waiting... 

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Around the Network

Get four people together and watch them playing brawl, they will be smiling and having fun.

This is gaming.

To get hardcore gamers smiling is a feat in itself... I never saw anyone hold a smile playing Halo (I hear I look like I am taking a crap when I play TF2).

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

the first game was great. Melee sucked a ****.

Metalcore, Hardcore, Punk, Emo, Rock.

steven787 said:
Get four people together and watch them playing brawl, they will be smiling and having fun.

This is gaming.

To get hardcore gamers smiling is a feat in itself... I never saw anyone hold a smile playing Halo (I hear I look like I am taking a crap when I play TF2).

Me and my friend were laughing our asses off playing Halo online, despite the fact we both pretty much hate Halo 3 it was still very fun. Me and my brother were having a game on fightnight 3 last night and laughing and having fun. Hell, I laugh and have fun playing the games on my own, co-op play existed before brawl and the wii you know.

Honestly, I don't care if Kim Possible and lots of other stupid characters are added, as long as the characters I want to play are still in it. If there is disk space, so it doesn't take away something else, any character added is great, because

1) it makes a greater number of people happy, by playing them

2) You need to develop more tactics on how to fight

3) Let's say Zorro was in the game. Assuming the number of people who want him and do not want him is 50-50 (or 33-33-33 if you add people who don't care) then the happiness for the people who want him, is greater than the sadness of those who do NOT want him in.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

I found a XXX kimpossible hentai flash sex game, and it looks like its from the original artists.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.