Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is still against annual franchises

Ultrashroomz said:
sc94597 said:

This.

They can close the thread now.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
sc94597 said:

Sure, it is a Zelda game, if we ignore its gameplay, if we ignore its title, if we ignore its developer, etc, etc. Can you provide a source where Aonuma said he considers it as a Zelda game? As for Pokken Tournament, I also agree with your statement, it isn't a Pokemon game. It is a Pokken game, something else. 

There is no source, just like there is no source where Aonuma said he considers OoT as a Zelda game. There's just literally every interview on Hyrule Warriors where he talks about it like it's a Zelda game. Where he talks about it the same way he talks about literally ever Zelda game.

You clearly misunderstood my statement on Pokken. It is a Pokemon game.

Then your claim is baseless. How do you know Aonuma considers Hyrule Warriors a Zelda game? He can legitimately and rightly consider it a game in the same universe as the Legend of Zelda series, but not part of said series. He talks about the game because people interviewing it are asking him. But please go ahead, and substantiate your claim with actual facts rather than conjecture about what a person you don't know truly thinks. 

It's a game with characters from the Pokemon franchise, sure, but it isn't a Pokemon game. If we go by that logic, then Super Smash Bros is a Pokemon, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, etc game. Pokken isn't even developed or published by Nintendo. It is developed and published by Namco Bandai, and the rights are given by the Pokemon Company (which is only partly owned by Nintendo.) 

I wish they didn't call the new Mario Karts 7 and 8. Many people looking at the box don't know the series dates back to 1992 and could easily mistake it for something akin to an annual or milked franchise. At least that's what I think.

I thing they refer to new games.
if we count remakes, ports, even tlou have been an anual game for now.

Well, he's kinda right. Some games get only one made per gen, but some have multiple games in a single gen. I don't think they're annual for the most part, but Ninten isn't exactly guilt free of this. Though I am glad they are not annual in the sense of some games, like AC and COD. Then I'd really feel fatigue.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

They frequently release many games from the same series over the gen. But it's true that others only get one game per gen. It seems like one extreme to the other. A game like mario kart should be getting 2 games a gen. It probably would on the Wii U if it stayed on the market for 7 or 8 years withouta successor.

Kerotan said:
 A game like mario kart should be getting 2 games a gen. It probably would on the Wii U if it stayed on the market for 7 or 8 years withouta successor.

I really don't see why Mario Kart (or something like Smash Bros) needs two games a gen. I'm perfectly fine with one game and free DLC throughout the generation for a game like that (since Nintendo games are full price for entire generations.) Something like The Legend of Zelda or Metroid would be nice to have more than one game per generation (per console) but of course they are the most intensive games to produce. I like having one game from every Nintendo series in each generation, and hopefully they can increase their output to achieve that. 

The problem is quality, not quantity. If they can release a great new [Zelda,Mario, DK, Metroid...] game every year, it would be pointless not to do it. But, normally, anual franchises like CoD, Assassin's Creed, etc. decrease in quality or offer the exact same experience as before with another name. It would be ideal having anual franchises, with great quality and with fresh ideas. But normally they turn out as a bug-party or as a lazy game.

Platina said:
Pokemon is annual... but I guess it technically isn't completely under Nintendo

We get a BRAND NEW Pokemon (main series) game every 2 or so years. Most of the games we get in the main series are either remakes or Version 3 of the same game (neither of which take nearly as much time or resources to make). If your just following brand new main games, though, it is by far NOT an annual series.

I will remember wii u because i love:
1Bayonetta 2
2.Pikmin 3
3 SSB

also in the future is possible:

1.Xenoblade Chronicles x (I Love XC wii)
2.Splatoon