By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - A PSN User's account got hacked, $600 lost, and Sony apparently, can't help.

Sign of the times. Companies create a virtual account, allow people to hack it and then don't have to make it right by the customer.

Another reason to just stick to the Genesis lol

Around the Network
Burek said:
A valuable lesson is never to link credit cards to any online service.

Yep got hacked on xbox live after buying castle crashers.

"Additionally, Kadjar was advised that if he were to speak to his credit card company and request a chargeback, he would have his PSN account banned, losing all his purchases, trophies, etc… Which is something Sony has been known to do,according to a few reports on its forums."

If this is true, I'm dissapointed in Sony.

think-man said:
You know this is fake aye?

Link please?

Lawlight said:
Use a strong password, people.

Password1337 won't work, guys

Around the Network

This is why I dislike Sony as a corporation. When you think something unfair has happened, they blame you and stick firmly to their 'no refunds' policy. When you tell them that it's not right, they tell you that you should have read the EULA.

Yeah, credit card company will reverse those purchases, case closed. Start using PSN cards from now on. It's dumb to go to Sony with the problem as if you want them to solve the financial issue. However it is important for Sony to know of the problem so they can improve account security.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Teeqoz said:
"Additionally, Kadjar was advised that if he were to speak to his credit card company and request a chargeback, he would have his PSN account banned, losing all his purchases, trophies, etc… Which is something Sony has been known to do,according to a few reports on its forums."

If this is true, I'm dissapointed in Sony.

It would also be illegal, regardless of any EULA. If you buy a game digitally you own a copy of the game (or rather you own a licence to the game) in exactly the same way as owning it physically, the only difference is that ownership is not transferrable. So if Sony then takes those games away from you it is theft. An EULA cannot be invoked to legalise theft. Therefore lay a complaint with a commerce regulator, or sue Sony. But consult a lawyer first of course.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
Yeah, credit card company will reverse those purchases, case closed. Start using PSN cards from now on. It's dumb to go to Sony with the problem as if you want them to solve the financial issue. However it is important for Sony to know of the problem so they can improve account security.

Exactly.  Kind of flabbergasted how many people here would first seek Sony's input, rather than going directly to their bank, signing an affidavit, having the money refunded, and terminating any and all PSN transactions from your bank account w/o your prior notice.  While you're out jacking off w/ Sony Customer Service, someone's out buying a car, applying for a loan etc... w/ your CC. *golf clap*

mornelithe said:
binary solo said:

Exactly.  Kind of flabbergasted how many people here would first seek Sony's input, rather than going directly to their bank, signing an affidavit, having the money refunded, and terminating any and all PSN transactions from your bank account w/o your prior notice.  While you're out jacking off w/ Sony Customer Service, someone's out buying a car, applying for a loan etc... w/ your CC. *golf clap*

My credit card company contacted me over the phone when they noticed an unusual transaction, and it happened to be someone fraudulently using my card (not a PSN purchase). I said just over the phone, transaction was not made by me, the immediately reversed the transaction, cancelled my card and issued a new card.

Jimi Hendrix