By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - A PSN User's account got hacked, $600 lost, and Sony apparently, can't help.

You'd think by now Sony would wise up and add 2-step verification.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Around the Network

When your bank account gets hacked, you don't talk to Sony...you talk to the Bank. You file an affidavit, and they refund the money to your account and then they go do the footwork on it. This process takes about 30 minutes if your bank isn't filled with neanderthals.

Beyond that, as shitty as it sounds, Sony does kinda need to have a system in place regarding activation/deactivation. With the volume of toolsheds out there just trying to fuck with people, they can't just take anyone's claim at face value. They must go through the process of researching the situation. It sucks, but...you wouldn't want Sony to have such a open-ended system where they knee-jerk fix the situation without researching it first. Hypothetically speaking, you could just have some troll call up Sony w/ a complaint, and get an innocent persons hardware deactivated etc...

I don't understand how people kept getting their accounts "hacked".

Use a strong Password if you're gonna link your Credit Card, actually use a strong Password regardless, and just set it to automatic Log-In on your console, also use the numeric PIN for purchases.

I don't understand why people save their credit card info online anywhere, anyway. I always manually put in my card numbers, all the time EVERY TIME. I just presume that all things digital are compromised. Works out best that way

For shame! Sony knows they get hacked daily yet they can't help a person if he gets hacked and he provides clear proof? I hope they change their policies but man, this is exactly why I don't use my credit card on psn

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
The Fury said:
Mr.Playstation said:
Just buy Psn cards from Amazon and the like, problem solved .

Well to a degree. It is credit card fraud and he should be taking it up with the credit card company, no Sony however, the 'hacker' still took the acount, no doubt changed the email and password of it. If you have money on your account, you've lost that and if Sony can't reset the original email back, then he's lost all his stuff too. It's an odd situation.

this is not a hack

pokoko said:
On a credit card? Call the credit card service. Unless it's with some rinky dink bank, most credit cards offer protection against online fraud. If someone buys $600 of stuff with a stolen credit card at Wal-mart, you go to the credit card company. Isn't that what anyone else would do?

And his account was hacked? He's got proof of that? Because it's much more likely that the breach was on his end or his password was cracked somehow.

This sounds odd.

"Additionally, Kadjar was advised that if he were to speak to his credit card company and request a chargeback, he would have his PSN account banned, losing all his purchases, trophies, etc… Which is something Sony has been known to do"

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

This is why you never leave your credit card info saved.

You know this is fake aye?

Never. Ever. Link a Credit Card to an online system that has been hacked multiple times. Just buy a PS card from a store and you get the same results.