By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - A PSN User's account got hacked, $600 lost, and Sony apparently, can't help.

"Further complicating the matter is that because the hacker deactivated Kadjar’s PS4 and activated theirs instead, he will have to wait six months before he can reactivate his PSN account on his own PS4. The reason being Sony’s policy, which limits the number of times you can deactivate your account from a console to once every six months."

I am not sure if that is true. I had that problem when PSN was down on December saying that my PS4 account was already primary account on 2 other PS4 (I have no idea how that even happened) and that I have already used my online deactivation.
I called and they were able to reset it for me. He might not be able to do it online, but he should be able to call and get it done by their customer service.

Around the Network

Man, if the guy really got his money stolen, that really blows. Perhaps it's not the best idea to keep credit card info linked to an account, despite its convenience. That or just buy PSN cards when you wanna buy something online.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Sounds less like he got hacked and more like he had his password set to "password12345". The hacker was courteous enough to change it to something stronger for him :D

Thanks jlmurph!

Sounds like something he should call his bank about.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

This sounds really fishy to me honestly, the dude should have contacted his bank and got a full refund, Sony would then have locked his account and began a investigation and if no wrongdoing was found he would have gotten his account back after some time.

The dudes an idiot period.

Around the Network
Burek said:
A valuable lesson is never to link credit cards to any online service.

No u can't say any online service because xbox live is much safer than psn I've got 6 credit card on my xbox live account and I never been hacked 

Dbl post. 

Love how quickly this story has grown. One unverified Reddit user makes a claim that he was hacked and while his credit info was compromised they bought digital games.

Yes sony needs more security options but you can't secure account sharing.

Thespiralmatrix said:
Love how quickly this story has grown. One unverified Reddit user makes a claim that he was hacked and while his credit info was compromised they bought digital games.

Yes sony needs more security options but you can't secure account sharing.

Hacked.

Mention Sony or PSN and hacked and it's a big deal, even if it's the stupid persons fault for makign their password easy to guess.

Hmm, pie.

Hardcore_gamer said:
Burek said:
A valuable lesson is never to link credit cards to any online service.

No u can't say any online service because xbox live is much safer than psn I've got 6 credit card on my xbox live account and I never been hacked 

A completely different matter is the question of having 6 credit cards.... There's always a first time for everything...

I don't think it's that much of a hassle to just enter the credit card number each time, than to risk somebody guessing your password. 

It's not an issue of XBox vs. PS, but of any online service. Same reason why my CC# is not tied to my phone, saves me the hassle of refunding thousands of dollars of Angry Birds addons my kids always try to buy...