By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Last Guardian Finally Shows Up... on Planet Mira! (Xeno X) Pics Inside!

So How Do You Who Now?

Xenoblade Guardian! 24 44.44%

The Last X! 10 18.52%

X Guardian of the Last Chronicles! 20 37.04%

Total:54
onionberry said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The game was announced in 2009. Final Fantasy XV was announced in 2006 I believe.

Japan has been having a rough transition into the modern world of gaming where westerners seem to excell in pushing power. When they finally showed us FF XV it paid off. They are just trying to make things as good as they can be. Japanese games struggled through last generation until they could find a way to adapt. I think this generation, Japanese games will be at their strongest. 

tbh I love  japanese games more than western games, but I have a love–hate relationship with Team Ico and Japan Studio right now. Great stuff like Gravity rush and then...  Knack... seriously.

Can't fault you for knack. I mean that guy made Crash Bandicoot, he should know better. He just had Japan studio behind him. It was almost like he forgot that Super Mario 64 had come out and open world games had set a standard already.

Around the Network

Lol you got me...my first thought was "huh? What's with the downgrade?"

Pavolink said:

You can't downgrade what doesn't even exists.

onionberry said:

tbh I love  japanese games more than western games, but I have a love–hate relationship with Team Ico and Japan Studio right now. Great stuff like Gravity rush and then...  Knack... seriously.

Sony Japan hasn't put out anything impressive in quite a while imo. I'd like to be a fly at their offices. Sony is the opposite of Nintendo: good Western studios, lackluster Japanese studios.

Anyway, Nintendo has been doing fine as ever (game quality wise), so I'm not buying the story that Japanese developers couldn't handle HD.

Samus Aran said:

Sony Japan hasn't put out anything impressive in quite a while imo. I'd like to be a fly at their offices. Sony is the opposite of Nintendo: good Western studios, lackluster Japanese studios.

Anyway, Nintendo has been doing fine as ever (game quality wise), so I'm not buying the story that Japanese developers couldn't handle HD.

Almost all Japanese developers had a hard time last gen. Very few Japanese devs actually figured out the formula about how to make the jump to HD like Kojima, Square, Platinum Games and others . They all spoke out about the creative slump Japan was in. Even the creator Keiji Inafune spoke out about it. When the Japanese were still working on consoles Westerners had been invested in the PC platform since the 90's so when it came time for console platforms to become more powerful Japanese companies mostly were confused.

Around the Network

is this click bait thread, i suppose i need to learn from Tbone how to attract many people on thread

I am not really a fan of The Last Guardian but as a fan that has went through similar trials with games that probably will never exist, Beyond Good and Evil 2, the SNES Star Fox 2 and currently SMT x FE, I find this joke while humorous but in poor taste.