By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Order 1886 sales nearly 600,000 copies in 2 days. #SmearCampaign=Failed

The backlash was huge. Many gaemers were dismissive of any of its qualities because it followed the bad trends that started last generation, and believed it's success would bring a continuation to those trends. I wouldn't call it bad nor will I ever wish for anything to flop. But that doesn't change the fact that it was flawed, short with nothing experimental or new, and a critical failure. However that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it, and enjoying something doesn't mean anyone who hates it has an agenda.

.- -... -.-. -..

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:

From 240k US fw (2 days) to 40k second week (7 days)... I think that´s not a good sign.

3 things: 

1) It's still at number 3

2) Dying Light and Evolve aren't even in the top 10 anymore. 

3) First week sales and the response from gamers who actually PLAYED the game alone will warrant a sequel. And that's all that matters to fans of The Order. Not reviews, not GOTY awards. Just a new franchise.

Gamer_of_the_Year said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Gamer_of_the_Year said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Next you will tell me that Cod: Ghosts is a great game cause it sold over 10 million... Just deal with its low score... Jeez

I hate all Call of Duty titles with a passion. So I would NEVER tell you that. I'm not saying it's a great game because of sales. I'm saying the sales are well deserved because it's a great game. And I'm saying its a great game because I've PLAYED IT. Have you? lol 

I havn't but considering how many people are saying its a mediocre game including my friends who some are also Playstation fans that have played it, the chances are that its a pretty mediocre game... And before you start thinking its a conspiracy, take a deep breath and look at what your saying cause it is so very wrong

Oh yeah?! Well I own a PS4 and all of my friends who played it. I have over 500 PSN friends, 75 of which bought The Order and EVERY SINGLE ONE thoroughly enjoyed the game. Scored it nothing lower than a 8. Mostly 9's though. 

Alright. Let's stop measuring dicks here. Besides, Jizz would win guaranteed.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Gamer_of_the_Year said:
Captain_Yuri said:

I havn't but considering how many people are saying its a mediocre game including my friends who some are also Playstation fans that have played it, the chances are that its a pretty mediocre game... And before you start thinking its a conspiracy, take a deep breath and look at what your saying cause it is so very wrong

Oh yeah?! Well I own a PS4 and all of my friends who played it. I have over 500 PSN friends, 75 of which bought The Order and EVERY SINGLE ONE thoroughly enjoyed the game. Scored it nothing lower than a 8. Mostly 9's though. 

Congrats? That doesn't change the opinion of me or my friends or the reviews of this game... Are you really trying to suggest that the review sites are trying to make it look bad cause they have an agenda?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Gamer_of_the_Year said:
Puppyroach said:
There might be a sequel, but most likely not exclusive to PS4 and with a much, MUCH smaller budget. It was simply a catastrophic release and sales will drop off fast.

LOL at you thinking this game won't get a sequel THATS exclusive to PS4! hahaha

Rude awakening incoming. As if another console on the market could run THAT engine! lol Sony is not stupid. Everyone sees the massive potential in this franchise and Sony listens to its fans NOT paid off review sites lol

I simply don't think Sony want any more involvement with the franchise, and I personally have no interest in the game so I don't really care if it remains exclusive or not. And as I said, its more important that you like the game, than any review scores it receives. So just accept that there was no smear campain.

Around the Network
Gamer_of_the_Year said:
platformmaster918 said:
It deserves that and more. Great game

This x100. Someone else who actually PLAYED the game and didn't just watch YouTube footage with their mind made up already! lol

Because everyone who dislikes the game obviously hasn't played it.

The excuses are getting more and more ridiciulous.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Mandalore76 said:
Gamer_of_the_Year said:
PenguinZ said:

Pretty sure Sony, just like every other business, focuses on money. If The Order makes a good enough profit... It might see a sequal. If not, then it won't. The reception for The Order dampens the potential of it being a viable franchise to continue on with.

The reception Sony is looking for is the ones from gamers. I know personally nearly 50 people demanding Sony to do a sequel to this awesome new IP. Sony takes risks with IP, that's like saying they won't give David Cage another chance after Beyond TS had mediocre reviews and only a million in sales. Sony focuses on diverse experiencing in its IPs. Ranging from mainstream, to innovative, to niche. This first week sales and the response from peoe who actually OWNS and PLAYED the game  guarantees another chance for R@D. And I could t be happier! 

I personally know 75 people who are happy with their Wii U's.

Good for them. It's a good console. That has no bearing on what we are discussing. Just you derailing cause you know you're making up all these Playstation fans who didn't like the game. Go down vote someone The Order youtube footage and get back in your cave...lol #troll

User was moderated for this post.

-Veknoid_Outcast

I didn't like the game when I tested it last year, but from what I saw. The game wasn't so bad to score 66 on Metacritic.

Zekkyou said:
Paatar said:
Its the same thing with Destiny. Horrible game, sold into hype.

Destiny isn't a horrible game. It didn't live up to (most) people's expectations, and definitely wouldn't have sold as well without the hype, but that doesn't make it 'horrible'. I don't personally care much for the game (there's not enough unique content for me to want to dig my teeth into it), but an awful lot of people seem to have loved it. 'Polarizing' is probably a better description of Destiny.

An awful lot of people seem to have hated it as well. Myself being included.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Paatar said:
Zekkyou said:

Destiny isn't a horrible game. It didn't live up to (most) people's expectations, and definitely wouldn't have sold as well without the hype, but that doesn't make it 'horrible'. I don't personally care much for the game (there's not enough unique content for me to want to dig my teeth into it), but an awful lot of people seem to have loved it. 'Polarizing' is probably a better description of Destiny.

An awful lot of people seem to have hated it as well. Myself being included.

I know, that's why i ended my comment with "'Polarizing' is probably a better description of Destiny." ^^