By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Order 1886 sales nearly 600,000 copies in 2 days. #SmearCampaign=Failed

It's not a smear campaign. The vast majority of the media thought it was average not just a few sites trying to sabotage a game. You think it's deserves more than 65, I do too but not much more (not played it yet though so opinion can change but gameplay looks a little clunky, games is short and lacks any type or multiplayer and/or has little replay value. 7/10 looks about right to me). Hype probably raised the bar high and if you do not meet it, you will get hit harder than if it didn't have any hype. Also arguing over something that is subjective is a major downfall in your argument.

Still will pick up the game at a cheaper price and I think it's a great start to a new franchise.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:

From 240k US fw (2 days) to 40k second week (7 days)... I think that´s not a good sign.

Some games dint even get 40k first week in the US so it's not to be sneezed at.  This are also likely to get adjusted for better or worse.  Either way it did very well despite the massive hate campaign from people who reviewed it or people who have no intentions of playing it.  

Some people think 1M is enough to generate profit for a game 5 years in development. There won't be a sequel people nobody will be fooled again to buy it.

Dusk said:
The majority of critics and customers alike think the game is mediocre. Think it's the customers that were duped into buying this cause of the hype. I still think this whole smear campaign theory is BS, it's only just a mediocre game, nothing more.
I haven't played it personally, I'm just going by the consensus from metacritic as well as some friends and acquaintances that have played it. It's a game, it's not bad, it's not great, it just is.

Sure don't think it was a smear campaign but It certainly wasnt hyped much either

There might be a sequel, but most likely not exclusive to PS4 and with a much, MUCH smaller budget. It was simply a catastrophic release and sales will drop off fast.

Around the Network
Puppyroach said:
There might be a sequel, but most likely not exclusive to PS4 and with a much, MUCH smaller budget. It was simply a catastrophic release and sales will drop off fast.

LOL at you thinking this game won't get a sequel THATS exclusive to PS4! hahaha

Rude awakening incoming. As if another console on the market could run THAT engine! lol Sony is not stupid. Everyone sees the massive potential in this franchise and Sony listens to its fans NOT paid off review sites lol

spemanig said:
Gamer_of_the_Year said:

Except, it WAS good. Great even.

Did you play it? Or just watch some footage on YouTube claim you didn't like it like 80% of the Internet who claim to dislike it? 

I played it before most people did, most likely including you. Don't even start. It wasn't good at all. Bad even. Some people think Sonic 06 was great, too.

Thank you for deciding for everyone whether a game was good or not. I'm not sure what we would do without you.

I don't consider it a smear campaign and that's about what I predicted even before and after the whole game length controversy.

The smear campaign did indeed fail. By virtue of never bloody happening in the first place. Take off your tinfoil hats, it's time to move on.

darkshadow23 said:

Thank you for deciding for everyone whether a game was good or not. I'm not sure what we would do without you.

You'd probably put words in someone elses mouth.