By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - With the Uncharted 4 delay, a PS4 for $299 later this year does not feel far off.

Sony probably wont need to do anything. By the time summer is over you would expect that the PS4 will be over the 50% market share and so what if it loses traction during the holiday period. It hasn't stopped it winning every week since the turn of the year has it, and comfortably I might add. The multiplats will drive sales over the winter and the fact that Uncharted has moved into 2016 won't really make that much of a difference. People that are planning to get a PS4 in Winter 2015 are probably going to do it, Uncharted or not.

Its selling at over 2:1 over its nearest rival and that doesn't look like changing any over the next few months. In fact, it will probably be even higher with Bloodborne on the horizon. I don't think Sony will be bothered about losing perhaps 2 months of the year, when they are creaming the competition for the other 10 months.

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

Around the Network
Burek said:
That's what I think. XOne will have a huge lineup advantage this fall (Halo, Forza, Tomb Raider vs. nothing), PS4 will need to lower the price to be competitive.

I do wonder what Sony plans to do game-wise this fall. Do they have a surprise announcement, or will they just put their fate in 3rd parties' hands and try to ride MGS, FIFA, CoD, AssCreed wave.

Definitely bad news for PS4 owners, after a string of poor to mediocre exclusives, the most anticipated one gets delayed significantly.

BWHAHAHAHA, Dilusion at it's finest...Sony has more plans for holiday , it's march, the knee jerk reactiosn are silly here...Sony id not the one who needs to drop the price to stay competitve...Only halo will give x1 a short term booost, ps4 will continue to outsell x1 easyily..Look at this weeks nubers.

No way we will see $299 PS4 this year.

Kerotan said:
Agreed. A 299$ PS4. Games they need are uncharted collection, ratchet and clank, gran turismo 7: prologue and some of their smaller exclusives.

Yeah an Uncharted collection of all 4 games would be a perfect release for this fall.

Kerotan said:
Agreed. A 299$ PS4. Games they need are uncharted collection, ratchet and clank, gran turismo 7: prologue and some of their smaller exclusives.

There won't be a GT7: prologue, but I do expect and Uncharted collection, R&C, and at least one other major exclusive for he second half of this year.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
reggin_bolas said:
As a PS4 only owner I am getting more and more impatient. I would have sold it long ago if it wasn't for Until Dawn and Silent Hill Reboot. I'm a big survival horror fan but the PS4 has done nothing to disappoint. XB1 is starting to feel like more value for a lower price.

the xbox has way less games. that's a fact. 

Lol. PS4 keeps selling without price cut. I think they will do fine with $349.

I still stand by October price cut to $299 and then holiday bundles. It is a shame Uncharted won't be out until April 2016 at earliest now.

$299 with and uncharted collection

Uncharted 4? what's that?

If they price cut they'll have holiday locked down. They'll also have an extra boost in the Spring with their second biggest IP launching (other than GT). Obviously they're going to win worldwide like they did last year but they may win NA if they push price.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers