By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki (March 2nd-8th)

Does nobody care that Vita is falling in its best market

Around the Network
SjOne said:

Its not like nobody cares, its just people accepted it, and besides the #s this week were actually good, staying above 20k is actually healthy imo, it was just about 10k-12k a week pre GE2B release!

tbone51 said:
SjOne said:

Its not like nobody cares, its just people accepted it, and besides the #s this week were actually good, staying above 20k is actually healthy imo, it was just about 10k-12k a week pre GE2B release!

Vita has China next week. 10m 2015 sales guaranteed! :p Japan will be irrelevant.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

SjOne said:

Well software sets peoples expectations and all Vita has had this year has been the God Eater re-release. Summer onwards should hopefully be better, Persona will be huge. The next 3 weeks should be good too (Digimon, One Piece, Sword Arts Online)

tbone51 said:
SjOne said:

I will never accept Vita not performing well in its final frontier. It could be more of a reflection of dedicated hardware sales as a whole falling but still

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
think-man said:
Ps4 beasting. Easily pass wii u this year

Easily? Seriously Easily? Will it even surpass it this year let alone easily! :-/  

Whats the sales difference? I haven't even checked lol

RolStoppable said:
think-man said:
tbone51 said:

Easily? Seriously Easily? Will it even surpass it this year let alone easily! :-/  

I think the PS4 would have to beat the Wii U by an average of 20k units each week in order to pass it this year, so even with a baseline of 5-10k for the Wii U, the PS4 would have to consistently sell above 25k every week.

Its actually about 25k per week on avg if WiiU stop selling now (i could be wrong)

tbone51 said:
RolStoppable said:
think-man said:
tbone51 said:

I think the PS4 would have to beat the Wii U by an average of 20k units each week in order to pass it this year, so even with a baseline of 5-10k for the Wii U, the PS4 would have to consistently sell above 25k every week.

Its actually about 25k per week on avg if WiiU stop selling now (i could be wrong)

Actually about 24k if we use MC

Impressive PS4. Great for Dragon Quest... Head it's great.

The proper equation to determine Japanese sales is. ((MC*3)+FAM)/4= sales

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut