By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How many 10mill+ sellers will each console get in 2009?

Hmm... historically the amount of 10M+ sellers has been:

NES: 3
Gameboy: 6
SNES: 2
GBA: 2
N64: 1
PS1: 1
PS2: 4
DS: 5
Gamecube: 0
Xbox: 0

The Wii already has two bundled titles above ten million and totally up yours if you wanna count them, but I think there will be 3-4 other titles getting there eventually. At least 2 of them won't have a name that starts with Wii.

It looks incredibly unlikely that anything on the 360 or PS3 will make it to 10 million. Probably 2 or 3 360+PS3 multiplats, but definitely no exclusives.

Around the Network

Halo 3 will definitely do it, GTAIV on the Xbox maybe...

I don't see anything hitting 10 million on the PS3.

Galaxy probably will do it eventually, the question is when though. Wii Fit should do it too, Smash and MK both can do it, but until we see first american sales trends, we can't say I think.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

If Wii Sports experiences absolutely no decline in sales then it will definitely reach the 10 million mark in Japan... by 2017.

Halo has some chances. At current pace it would need 62 weeks to break 10 milion. Sales will drop but there is more around 90 weeks left until end of 2009 so it won't be easy but is possible.

No Final Fantasy game broke 10 million mark, so it's rational to assume than FFX13 won't do it either.

I think that GTA4 has a chane on each platforms even if GTA3 didn't make 20 mil. This generation may be bigger than the previous one. I also think that GT5 has a chance.

On Wii SMG and Brawl should make it. Maybe WiiFit depending on its success in USA/Europe.

@johnsobas:

You have to count Wii Sports, as someone already said it will hit 10 million in Japan alone easily by the end of 2009. If it wasn't bundled in Europe and America it would probably have sold about half what it did there, but it would still be pretty insane sales.

Surely not. It's at 2.9 million with 16k per week. It's not as popular as it used to be: for 4 Wii's sold there are around one WiiSport sold (it used to be 2:1). I doubt it will make 5 million by end of 2009.

Actually, MGS4 might have a decent chance if it the PS3 sells well this holiday season. It's a lot more attractive bundle than Sony's other PS3 bundles...

Around the Network

It really needed someone to mention MGS4... That is like saying MP3 will break 10 million, pure nonsense. Go take a look at the sales of the previous games.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

WiiSports has already got there. You can't just discount US/Europe *just* because its a 1-1 bundle - a large enough % of owners would buy it anyway, to easily hit 10m.

GTA4 won't do 10m on any single platform - and definitely not on the PS3. If it did, the 360 would have 15m sales - and overall it would be 25m+ sales. Not likely.

FF's wont. RE5 won't (single platform).

GT might - but probably not by end '09. Maybe by end of this generation...maybe. The top selling PS3 title (even bundled) has done less than 3m, so its a tough call.

Halo has a chance. Even CoD on the 360 has a chance.

Galaxy - maybe. M&S even has a chance - although unlikely (see how it does over the Olympics).

WiiFit *definitely* will - I think it will hit 10m by end of '08!. Brawl *probably* will, although it could end up stranded around the 8-9m mark.

Mario Kart... Animal Crossing (maybe).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I forgotten about Animal Crossing... that could turn out pretty big like the DS version.

Wii Fit will hit 10m also..

MGS4 won't hit 10 million at all. The previous games never hit 10 million. Don't expect this to happen this time around.

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius