By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How many 10mill+ sellers will each console get in 2009?

This is interesting. When a game hits the 10 mil mark, to me, that game is considered legendary! So far Wii has 2, Ps3 has none, and 360 has none. (halo 3 may make it this year.) How do you see it at the end of the gen? I see: Ps3: 3 (gta4, ff13, gt5,) Wii 5: (brawl, wiisports, wiifit, mkwii, and wiiplay) Edit: my ass must have been crazy to leave out Galaxy! (still not sure if it will pass super mario 64) 360: 2 (halo 3 and gta4) i don't see gears hitting that no time soon. gears 2 is still in question. :I

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
Around the Network

i mean "end of 2009" not "end of gen"

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

True Genius

my stance on ff13 is shaky. after the last one on ps2, ff12, sold 5 million, i'm not sure it will hit 10 million so early. maybe in 2010 though.

True Genius

i think you are overestimating most of those games. Brawl, Wii Fit, mario kart and Mario Galaxy might make it but it will take multiple holiday seasons, huge legs, and probably a price drop.

FF13 will not make 10 million, GTA will only make 10 million if you combine both platforms, and I'm pretty shaky about GT5 making it to 10 million.

Halo 3 will probably make 10 million by the end of the generation.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

At least you didn't say mgs 4....

"Why isn't samus in a mario kart game?"

Around the Network

So looking into it further no final fantasy has ever sold 10 million, I don't see that starting now.

gt and gt3 sold 10 million, but they were on much more successful consoles with less competition in the genre. Both gt and gt3 were the first on their respective consoles. It might make it, no guarantee.

GTA4 will not make it to 10 million on 1 console, GTA never sold more than 15 million, and I don't expect this one to be as successful as that and I also expect sales to be split somewhere around 60/40 or 50/50. Combined I would say it's pretty close to a lock.

The only wii game on there that is pretty sure to make 10 million is Wii Fit. I'm not sure how successful it will be in America and Europe, but in Japan it looks like it is heading toward 5 million or more.

Brawl and Mario Kart are sketchy, they would have to be much bigger successes than their previous games, but it's possible with a dominant performance by Nintendo.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

gta wont make it on one platform

ff wont either

neither will gt5

fit/brawl/kart will along with at least 2 other wii games that have not released yet

galaxy has an outside shot when all is said and done

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

oh yeah...wii sports will hit 10 mil in japan alone

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

Wii : Wii Play, Wii Sports

PS3: None

360: Edit: Halo 3

End of 2009:

Wii: Wii Fit, SSBB, SMG and MKWii, this last maybe.
Xbox360: Halo 3
PS3: None.
DS: MKDS and AC.
PSP: none.

PD: I don´t count none current 10 million seller(Wii Sports and Wii Play)