By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When PS4 will pass 30 million sold?

When PS4 will sell 30,000,000?

September 2015 79 17.03%

October 2015 68 14.66%

November 2015 154 33.19%

December 2015 118 25.43%

2016 45 9.70%

Total:464

Christmas week

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

October 2015

I think around Black Friday time, so November 2015

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Humm, at this point, necessary question... do people STILL believe in September!?!?!?!?!?!? :-|

Will the PS4 at least SHIP 30 million in September!? :-|

lol

Ryng_Tolu said:

Humm, at this point, necessary question... do people STILL believe in September!? :-|

Will the PS4 at least SHIP 30 million by September? :P

Well, if you rememebr last year, AMD had only produced 34 million PS4s and Xbox Ones.   I can't say that I know 30 million PS4 can ACTUALLY be produced by September.  But assuming it can, the 30 million target will most likely be reached in November or December.  The wildcard here is MGS V.   This will be a system seller for PS4 in September.  

To answer your question:  If the PS4 goes 299 on Spetember 1 with MGS V, the door will be open to basically sell 30 million well before 2016.  

Around the Network

I'm guessing, October is possible, but not probable, November is an almost definite, and December is 99% sure unless something happens and the sales tank for some unforeseen reason. By the end of august, I'm guessing it will be a little over 25 million. By the end of September it will be a little over 27 million, and October will bring it to 28.7-29.5 million. It will then surpass 30 million on the second week of November due to BF, Fallout 4, and COD sales.

I expect around 34 million by the end of 2015. Assuming it gets about 700k a week immediately prior to that, I'm going to go with mid to late November.

Of course, extremely aggressive bundles might move more units, but Sony usually is nowhere near as aggressive in their Holiday bundles as Microsoft is.

during december 2015...

Probably around November/December. MGS5 will be a huge boost in JPN, I believe both CoD and Star Wars will shift consoles in Sony's direction as well due to exclusive DLC/Marketing.

November/December - Can't see it happening earlier or after year end, I'll take a punt at week 4 November.