By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Live PC free and console gamers are not happy

Its like they WANT people to go pc instead of their own console

Around the Network

I think it's not a secrete anymore that the reason Microsoft enter console market is to build user base and loyal buyer for their Windows Platform, and they just need to pick time when they will return to PC and transfer all console gamer to PC. I had this theory when Microsoft enter console Industry, i know that they never really serious entering console business.

OdinHades said:
I don't get why they bring XBL to PC at all. They have no chance to compete with steam, there will be way too less games for that. They should have just Team up with steam and make it pre-installed on Win 10. that way they would have had more sales and less shitstorms. Everybody wins.

But whatever, let that sucker die a slow and painful death just like with GFW.

Because MS sees the Xbox platform as being console+PC.

This is kind of why I still have the feeling that a lot of the big X1 games may not end up hitting PC after all. There could be a huge amount of gamers with capable PCs that would make the switch for that incentive, killing a good chunk of the revenue stream that comes from Live. Of course, MS could go full throttle and kill XBL fees altogether... naaaah. 

Fact is PC gamers wouldn't pay for Live.  I still don't know why I had to sign up for Live to play GTA4 on Steam.  Just for some stupid achievement tracking or something...  Wish they just did that through Steam like almost all the new games that hit Steam now.

Around the Network
Tachikoma said:

or maybe the real intention why they involve on console market was to attracted console gamer to PC, they saw a threat from SONY and Japan with PS2.

HollyGamer said:
Tachikoma said:

or maybe the real intention why they involve on console market was to attracted console gamer to PC, they saw a threat from SONY and Japan with PS2.

Really? I thought it would've been Steam.

HollyGamer said:
Tachikoma said:

I think it was more that they wanted people to have PCs in their living room. Sony with the PS2 were talking about it as a general computing device and MS were worried that might encroach the general home PC base.

The Xbox MS' attempt at putting a PC-like device into the living room. They're now cross migrating a lot of PC elements to the Xbox (and vice versa) to aid in the transition.

Some of you guys are taking this information like a lightening rod to a new Microsoft philosophy. The LIVE market was there and they capitalized on it. Their new change in price will help retain and acquire subscriptions. These companies do their best to be ready for market trends but they don't always hit the mark.

The plug & play ease of consoles will keep them around for many years to come. Companies will try to make their money any way they can and bend to the will of the consumer. If demand changes, so will a company's approach.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Goatseye said:
HollyGamer said:
Tachikoma said:

Really? I thought it would've been Steam.

or maybe steam service  like  application is they should have bring on the the first place. i have a clue that steam steal the idea of what Microsoft was.