By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Live PC free and console gamers are not happy

Azerth said:
i dont really care pc games have been free. they are not getting the free game or discounts that we get with gold.

LOL....You're saying they don't get those discounts while they have Steam? Besides, its because of Sony why MS got competitive with those deals to begin with. The new Xbox Live is essentially PSN Plus. MS has more money than Valve, but they aren't willing to give the level of discounts that Valve gives, which is why they wont compete. The only thng left for PC gamers to get are the handful of Xbox exclusives that MS does have. It would be wise for MS not to give it to them as to keep the Xbox One valuable of prospect consumers.

P.S.

PC gamers could've paid for Windows Live, but they refused. You cannot be forced to pay for online on an open format platform. It can only properly be done on a closed platform. 

Around the Network

This is why when I get a PS4 or Xbone it'll be used purely for offline gaming. Nintendo and PC for the win. I'd rather put up with questionable voice-chat features than paying for something that should be free.

Twilord said:
This is why when I get a PS4 or Xbone it'll be used purely for offline gaming. Nintendo and PC for the win. I'd rather put up with questionable voice-chat features than paying for something that should be free.

That's pretty much my plan for this gen, I'm grabbing the current gen for their exclusives (and I mean the ones that don't leave the platform) only, the WIi U is the only one I will be playing online since it's free and I'll be using my PC as the main online platform since I refuse to pay to play online for the other two as there is no benefit to me.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Who knows, maybe they can make Xbox live free for Xbox now .

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Azerth said:
i dont really care pc games have been free. they are not getting the free game or discounts that we get with gold.

We get all the discounts on Steam. I picked Fallout New Vegas + all DLC for 5 bucks, that's like for free. Can you do that on Xbox? Not to mention the game runs and looks much better and has tons of great mods.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

I knew it. MS knew from the start they canot compete with sonny. This basicly means this is the last xbox and they are cutting it short a lot early than anticipated. It started with third party exclusives like rise son of rome, dead rising 3, plants vs zombys, then it whent to low level first partys ips like forza horrizon, then moved to mid first party ips like fable(was mid tier now is low tier).

Its a quick as hell transitions, next at E3 well hear something of the next gears of war and if they make a collection its going to be on pc as well, then theyll say "you guys asked for it, so we are giving you gears 4 for pc" then finally sometime in 2016 halo 5 will be ported to pc, then all will me coming out to pc and xbox. so after 2016 no more xbox. there wont be a point in having one anymore.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Great value right at hand.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

why complain now?
pc was always free.

why not played always on pc if this live fee bother so much?

Mr.Playstation said:
Who knows, maybe they can make Xbox live free for Xbox now .

I would bet that xbox live will drop in price over the next year.  It will get to $19 a year for a while and then $0 by 2017-2018.

If they really want Win10 to dominate, XBL will need to be $0 for the XB1/360...

It is near the end of the end....

Landguy said:

I would bet that xbox live will drop in price over the next year.  It will get to $19 a year for a while and then $0 by 2017-2018.

If they really want Win10 to dominate, XBL will need to be $0 for the XB1/360...

Win 10 will very likely dominate regardless of XBL or not. heh.