By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A Nintendo action RPG, good idea or bad?

Tagged games:

A Nintendo Action-RPG

Great idea! Lemme have it plx. 62 70.45%

Horrible idea! Are you tr... 2 2.27%

Meh. 4 4.55%

Could work, would need to see it first. 20 22.73%

Total:88
spemanig said:
pretty much every WRPG is an ARPG. 

Dragon Age, Baldur's Gate, Fallout (1 and 2), Child of Light, Divinity: Original Sin, Planescape:Torment, Wizardry, etc, etc are non-Action RPG WRPG's. 

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Dude, you wording is confusing people. What you want is a top down dungeon crawler. Action RPG encompasses a lot more than what you're asking for. The Witcher, for example, is an ARPG. Actually, pretty much every WRPG is an ARPG. Kingdom Hearts is an ARPG. The Tales games are ARPGs. Ni No Kuni is an ARPG.

You're asking for a dungeon crawler.

Pretty much this...

As for Top Down Dungeon Crawlers, I find them more boring than anything. I strongly prefer standard W/J RPGs. I would like to see more western Nintendo games though, but that means they need more Western studios.

Wonderful 101. It's a Nintendo IP action rpg with couch multiplayer. It's also a freaking amazing game.

sc94597 said:

Dragon Age, Baldur's Gate, Fallout (1 and 2), Child of Light, Divinity: Original Sin, Planescape:Torment, Wizardry, etc, etc are non-Action RPG WRPG's. 

I had no idea "pretty much" suddenly meant "absolutely."

bigtakilla said:
Wonderful 101. It's a Nintendo IP action rpg with couch multiplayer. It's also a freaking amazing game.

W101 isn't an RPG. It's a hack'n'sla-

I seriously need to stop getting so anal about characterizations. It'll drive me mad.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
sc94597 said:

I had no idea "pretty much" suddenly meant "absolutely."

It wasn't like I mentioned one, obscure game. I mentioned some of the most critically acclaimed WRPG's, from series that are quite popular. 

Get us something along the lines of Paper Mario TTYD or Super Mario RPG and I'll be happy

Just get Pandora's Tower if you really need to play an ARPG.

The Last Story is another good ARPG on the Wii/Wii U.

Ka-pi96 said:
How about Zelda?

I know some people will say 'that's not an RPG', but come on it plays just like one the only thing it hasn't got is a leveling system, but other than that it is pretty much an RPG.

It plays nothing like an rpg.

xbx is an action rpg, so strange question lol.