By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A Nintendo action RPG, good idea or bad?

Tagged games:

A Nintendo Action-RPG

Great idea! Lemme have it plx. 62 70.45%

Horrible idea! Are you tr... 2 2.27%

Meh. 4 4.55%

Could work, would need to see it first. 20 22.73%

Total:88

I think XC:X will fill that void. I'd love it if they made a Zelda game in the same vein as Adventure of Link with the leveling up element.

I agree, though. With Nintendo's whimsical character design, story-telling, and colorful palette, a true action RPG could really breathe some life into the Wii U library.

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P 

Around the Network

Monster Hunter exclusivity is sufficient already

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

daredevil.shark said:
ExplodingBlock said:
Isn't that what Xenoblade X is?

End of thread. Nothing to discuss. That game looks cool.

Xenoblade isn't even close to what I'm talking about. Monster hunter is much closer, but its not a Nintendo game, its on a Nintendo console. Also MH doesn't have couch co-op, it has a steep learning curve for beginners, and is way too grindy. 

“What I say is, a town isn't a town without a bookstore. It may call itself a town, but unless it's got a bookstore it knows it's not fooling a soul.”  - Neil Gaiman

According to Wikipedia: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door,

Nintendo published Fantasy Life, although not as great as I initially thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oGXpkqoJ3E

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
How about Zelda?

I know some people will say 'that's not an RPG', but come on it plays just like one the only thing it hasn't got is a leveling system, but other than that it is pretty much an RPG.

Zelda doesn't play like an RPG. It plays like an adventure game. Because it is an adventure game. And action adventure game.

ExplodingBlock said:

Xenoblade isn't an action game though. The combat isn't tactile.

I think Nintendo could make a great Action RPG if they wanted. Take Zelda's basic combat setup and exploration focus and mix in the class a level systems and customization from one of Nintendo's RPGs - say, Xenoblade - and boom, there ya go.

daredevil.shark said:
ExplodingBlock said:

End of thread. Nothing to discuss. That game looks cool.

Real-time RPG =/= Action RPG. In order for a Real-TIme RPG to be an action-RPG it needs its controls to be keymapped or buttonmapped. This disqualifies Xenoblade X. 

Dude, you wording is confusing people. What you want is a top down dungeon crawler. Action RPG encompasses a lot more than what you're asking for. The Witcher, for example, is an ARPG. Actually, pretty much every WRPG is an ARPG. Kingdom Hearts is an ARPG. The Tales games are ARPGs. Ni No Kuni is an ARPG.

You're asking for a dungeon crawler.