By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - DanganRonpa Sells 100k+ Copies in US

Captain_Yuri said:
BlowoverKing said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Too bad, I heard a lot of good things about this game

Too bad? The game sold just as much in the US as it did in Japan, it's a fantastic result.

I guess thats "good" but I was just hoping more all around, specially in Japan

Dude how often do you see a VN sell over 100k in MC?? And then to go on and do the same in the US is just insane.

Around the Network
BlowoverKing said:
outlawauron said:
Considering they weren't combined in the US, I'd have to assume he's talking solely about the first game.

Considering DanganRonpa 1's first NPD was ~ 13k that'd be some serious legs.

Would be surprised if digital didn't account for the majority of both game's sales. 

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

ktay95 said:
Captain_Yuri said:
BlowoverKing said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Too bad, I heard a lot of good things about this game

Too bad? The game sold just as much in the US as it did in Japan, it's a fantastic result.

I guess thats "good" but I was just hoping more all around, specially in Japan

Dude how often do you see a VN sell over 100k in MC?? And then to go on and do the same in the US is just insane.

How about Ace Attorney? That game seems pretty successful, and I hear Danpan is like the Vita`s AA.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

outlawauron said:
BlowoverKing said:

Would be surprised if digital didn't account for the majority of both game's sales. 

Neither game was in Vita's top 10 selling PSN games in the US and supposedly Sword Art Online, who was first, sold 70k on PSN. So unless #10 which is Batman, sold 50k+ on PSN last year I'd say DanganRonpa's sale were actually mostly retail. Which would be even more impressive since the game hasn't really seen any big discounts at retail.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

That's good. So... Are there any chances the game sold more in NA+EU than in Japan?

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network

It deserves so much more...

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

I wonder if the sale on Amazon over Christmas helped, or the recent PSN sale. I bought my copy on Amazon.

BlowoverKing said:
outlawauron said:
Considering they weren't combined in the US, I'd have to assume he's talking solely about the first game.

Digital...

I'd like to know whether this is the first game or first + second, but still.  Really glad to see DanganRonpa doing so well over here.  I know they're not ultimately massive numbers, but for a VN published by a niche localization house like NISA, it's a really good result.

And a well deserved result too.

Deserved!