By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - DanganRonpa Sells 100k+ Copies in US

awesome!

Around the Network
BlowoverKing said:
outlawauron said:
Considering they weren't combined in the US, I'd have to assume he's talking solely about the first game.

Considering DanganRonpa 1's first NPD was ~ 13k that'd be some serious legs.

Digital >>> retail. Just a hunch but it seems typical for these niche games. 

Very good considering I'm a Vita owner and still have no idea what this game is. I'm just used to seeing that crazy rabbit creature.

teigaga said:

Very good considering I'm a Vita owner and still have no idea what this game is. I'm just used to seeing that crazy rabbit creature.

You really should give it a try. I went in unsuspecting into the first one, and ended up loving it so much, it was my GOTY for 2014 easily.

wow that's really some success story.

Around the Network
teigaga said:

Lawlight said:

Digital...

I'll just copy and paste my earlier reply...

Neither game was in Vita's top 10 selling PSN games in the US and supposedly Sword Art Online, who was first, sold 70k on PSN. So unless #10 which is Batman, sold 50k+ on PSN last year I'd say DanganRonpa's sale were actually mostly retail. Which would be even more impressive since the game hasn't really seen any big discounts at retail.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

BlowoverKing said:
teigaga said:

Lawlight said:

Digital...

I'll just copy and paste my earlier reply...

Neither game was in Vita's top 10 selling PSN games in the US and supposedly Sword Art Online, who was first, sold 70k on PSN. So unless #10 which is Batman, sold 50k+ on PSN last year I'd say DanganRonpa's sale were actually mostly retail. Which would be even more impressive since the game hasn't really seen any big discounts at retail.

silly me, VGC already has the numbers sold at 60k, so no need to hypothesise. Probably somwhat undertracked and then 25-30k digital or somethin. So you're right, strong legs indeed :)

Amazing game. Will definitely get the sequels.