By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bioshock Remastered Collection?

remaster?

yay 84 65.63%

nay 44 34.38%

Total:128

Thing is, these are one of the rare game series that probably wouldn't really benefit. Even to this day, if you go back and play them on the 360, they still look absolutely stunning and weren't really held back at all by the limited hardware purely because the artstyle carried it through. The frame rates were rock solid at 30fps and everything did (and still does) look really nice. Apart from the people who didn't play them, I'm not sure what a remaster would offer.

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

Around the Network

Skip 2 which didn't really feel like Intended cannon and spend more time polishing 1 and Infinite.

I'm conflicted.

But yes, I would absolutely get a remastered Infinite. One of the best games last gen.

... Irrational Games why !!! :'(

V-r0cK said:
I can see many would like a Bioshock collection but definitely not for Bio Infinite; the first two Bio are deserving and could see it happen. I'm sure if/when Bioshock 3 comes out they might do a collection rerelease.

Infinite is 'infinitely' better than two.

Delicious, delicious games.

sundin13 said:
The other Bioshock games take place in much more closed spaces (under the sea instead of in the sky), so they don't really have draw distance issues. Looking at Infinite images, I really don't see the problem though....

Don't let the images fool you.  The back drops are some of the worst I've ever seen in a AAA Ps3 game.  The screenshots area probably bullshots or from a high end PC. 

Around the Network
kristianity77 said:
Thing is, these are one of the rare game series that probably wouldn't really benefit. Even to this day, if you go back and play them on the 360, they still look absolutely stunning and weren't really held back at all by the limited hardware purely because the artstyle carried it through. The frame rates were rock solid at 30fps and everything did (and still does) look really nice. Apart from the people who didn't play them, I'm not sure what a remaster would offer.

I haven't played the others but infinite could benefit massively.  

Yeah a collection would be nice. I didn't like Infinite as much as the other 2 games. Mainly the changes they made taking away the weapon wheel and health system. The battles were so limited in infinite cause you had 2 guns and you really didnt get the planning out battles against big daddies like the first 2 games had. Bioshock 2 had the best gameplay, DLC campaign was awesome too; Bioshock 1 had the best atmosphere. Since you haven't played those I definitely recommend you play at least Bioshock 1.

Kerotan said:
sundin13 said:
The other Bioshock games take place in much more closed spaces (under the sea instead of in the sky), so they don't really have draw distance issues. Looking at Infinite images, I really don't see the problem though....

Don't let the images fool you.  The back drops are some of the worst I've ever seen in a AAA Ps3 game.  The screenshots area probably bullshots or from a high end PC. 

Pics?

I have 1&2 dualogy for PS3.My first impression is that bioshock one is hard at least for someone like me who is not that into FPS.The design/presentation looks nice and there is that creepy/suvival horror feeling that i like.I have to check this games again when i have some time(college... please?!).

OT: A HD trilogy with all DLCs would be nice for Ps4/Xone(i wouldn't buy though cause i already have two).

sundin13 said:
Kerotan said:

Pics?

If I could upload pics directly to vgchartz I would