By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bioshock Remastered Collection?

remaster?

yay 84 65.63%

nay 44 34.38%

Total:128
Kerotan said:
kristianity77 said:
Thing is, these are one of the rare game series that probably wouldn't really benefit. Even to this day, if you go back and play them on the 360, they still look absolutely stunning and weren't really held back at all by the limited hardware purely because the artstyle carried it through. The frame rates were rock solid at 30fps and everything did (and still does) look really nice. Apart from the people who didn't play them, I'm not sure what a remaster would offer.

I haven't played the others but infinite could benefit massively.  

Admittedly I've not played Inifinite on the PS3 only on the 360 but to my knowledge it didn't suffer from draw distance issues, none that were that noticeable anyway (and i'll nitpick literally anything!) :D

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

Around the Network
kristianity77 said:
Kerotan said:

I haven't played the others but infinite could benefit massively.  

Admittedly I've not played Inifinite on the PS3 only on the 360 but to my knowledge it didn't suffer from draw distance issues, none that were that noticeable anyway (and i'll nitpick literally anything!) :D

It's a pity you can't upload to this site directly so I could show some screenshots!  

Below are a few screenshots from Google.  some of them highlight my point.  

I loved them all. Would certainly buy.

This pic is a good example of poor draw distance.  The developers are far from the best when it comes to technical things like this.  Frame rate poor too. The game deserves to be remembered better than this. 

Around the Network

Gotta be honest, I can't really see what I'm looking at in those pictures lol, would probably be better with video! :)

Framerate again I "think" is more a PS3 thing as I'm pretty sure Bioshock 1 and 2 were absolutely locked on the 360 and Inifnite on the 360 if you unlocked the frame rate in the options would sometimes reach 60fps in closed off locations.

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

I would since I've only played the first one.

I've been thinking about this since the PS4 launched and we have gotten a few remasters. People are crazy if think these games wouldn't benefit from a remaster.

An overall higher resolution would benefit any game, so that's a given. And while some of the textures were upped for the PS3 port of the first game, it definitely wasn't all of them. There are quite a few textures that were a little lacking. Framerate was good, but i'm sure there were a few dips here or there. They could increase it to 60 fps, or have it unlocked and hover around 40-45 fps, like Infamous:SS (that game was buttery smooth.) And since this game takes place around a lot of water, more realistic water would be nice. Of course, the biggest improvement for any game, especially those that have a great (sometimes creepy) atmosphere, is better lighting and AA.

The same really applies to all 3. A remaster of these games would be breathtaking.

I haven't played a Bioshock game, but I have a feeling the only good thing to have come out of them was Elizabeth cosplayers and hentai.

Booker just has bad eye sight