By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGC Mobile AutoDirects to App Store

This is the bane of my existence...there's nothing more annoying than going to check on new posts then being redirected to William hill in the app store before the page loads

Around the Network
oodles2do said:
This site has never been a problem for me on my mobile, I've got an Xperia Z1. Maybe it's an iOS thing?

ioi Android fanboy confirmed?

Agreed. Then when you click back it takes you to homepage so have to re click on thread and hope don't go back to app store, really frustrating.

This happens on quite a few sites. It literally makes me want to melt my phone in a microwave oven.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

super_etecoon said:
oodles2do said:
This site has never been a problem for me on my mobile, I've got an Xperia Z1. Maybe it's an iOS thing?

Considering it's redirecting me to my AppStore, I'm sure you're right.  It's an exploit taking advantage of the Apple framework, and it's not cool.  The fact that it doesn't even get addressed is what concerns me the most.  At least someone on the coding side of things to step in and say, "Hey guys...sorry about that.  We're up to our ears with an update and that's on our list," would be cool.  The lack of concern just makes it seem more malicious in intent.  And I do mean seem...I can't imagine that this is being done intentionally.

I may be wrong, on my phone now and on one thread it kept taking me to the Google play store and to the Farmville 2 download page, weird. And I remember now on certain users threads my phone would always download some random file, every time I loaded any page in the thread. 

Around the Network

It's ioi's answer to F2P: free-to-appstore.