By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - Feb 23 - March 1

It seem SCEJA made the right choice by partnering with Square Enix on Dragon Quest. They also got boost before Christmas when they released the Metal Slime PS4.

Don't copy random editorials.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Is it just me that was expecting PS4 to be higher? That number seems kind of disappointing. At least it is better than what it was the week before at least.

Well, it had a limited edition bundle back in December. The slow build to this week likely had something to do with DQ Heroes too. There shouldn't be that much of a drop in the next few weeks though.

Considering this the numbers should be fairly solid for awhile.

• February 19 – God Eater 2: Rage Burst
  • February 26 – Dragon Quest Heroes and Resident Evil Revelations 2
  • March 12 – Yakuza 0
  • March 19 – Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
  • March 26 – Bloodborne and One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 and Disgaea 5

• Ka-pi96 said:
    Is it just me that was expecting PS4 to be higher? That number seems kind of disappointing. At least it is better than what it was the week before at least.

The days you see monster mode for home consoles are going to be few at most, most likely from price cuts and maybe final fantasy. Oh ya eventual PS4 slim as well. 

I was only 30k out!

The PS5 Exists. 

Very good PS4 numbers and what a debut by DQ Heroes!

Around the Network

PS4 almost outsold the xbox one lifetime of 48K in this 1 week alone. I wonder if metal Gear solid or final fantasy 15 will actually achieve that feat?

ktay95 said:
    outlawauron said:
    Ka-pi96 said:

Well, it had a limited edition bundle back in December. The slow build to this week likely had something to do with DQ Heroes too. There shouldn't be that much of a drop in the next few weeks though.

Considering this the numbers should be fairly solid for awhile.

• February 19 – God Eater 2: Rage Burst
  • February 26 – Dragon Quest Heroes and Resident Evil Revelations 2
  • March 12 – Yakuza 0
  • March 19 – Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
  • March 26 – Bloodborne and One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 and Disgaea 5

• Battlefield hardline is doing a lot better than Disgaea 5 so you may add that too.  Hopefully the witcher and batman do good because there's not a lot over the summer before metal Gear solid 5. 

Really oppressive numbers, home consoles are not dead in japan, at least when it comes to PS4

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Is there anything being released for PS4 next week in japan?

Amazing Numbers for Dragon Quest Heroes and the PS4, finally japanese games are getting to the PS4 and resulsts are (as expected) very positive.