By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Project Morpheus coming first half of 2016 with OLED Display 1080p/120 FPS

Lafiel said:
Normchacho said:
Lafiel said:
here is a video of some mechanics Japan Studios came up for using the DS4 in VR https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2cj4MsbLgo

most of them are very rough demos, from 18:25 on it shows 2 of the demos for the press at GDC which have higher graphical fidelity, especially the one starting 21:16

21:16? The video is only 19:56 long...

Anyways! Those looked sweet! I can already see somebody making a space shooter using the controller (though probably not looking like the controller) as the ship. Very excited to see what developers come up with for this.

funky, looks like they reupped the video and cut off the last demo shown in it - it was 22:XX long before and the last demo was a sort of doll's house with many of the robots doing different activities and looking at a part triggered special events

hhmmm...that's odd, still a cool video though.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

Wait, I don't get it. 120hz doesn't mean 120fps or did they say both? Because it can have a refresh rate of 120hz but still "only" display 30fps or 60fps.

Puppyroach said:
Wait, I don't get it. 120hz doesn't mean 120fps or did they say both? Because it can have a refresh rate of 120hz but still "only" display 30fps or 60fps.

devs are encouraged to use native 120fps, but there is a 60fps mode with "reprojection" (similar technique to what they used in KZ:Shadow Fall) for graphically more intense games

It is going to be expensive.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
It is going to be expensive.

depends on what you think is "expensive" for a device like this

I expect it to be $/€300-400 and with that it probably won't be "profitable" when R&D, marketing, shipping and taxes are taken into account (for some reason people seem to only value parts costs)

This is really worth watching, it's an interview with one of the Morpheus creators from Magic Lab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLkJuiSuwdc

Don't copy random editorials.

The design is nice. This and HoloLens looks really cool compared to the 2 others (Oculus and HTC one).
The specs are great too.

It is ships with a VR enhanced version of GTA5 or Skyrim, then I am sold. Hoping for $300 or less.

ThatDanishGamer said:

This is really worth watching, it's an interview with one of the Morpheus creators from Magic Lab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLkJuiSuwdc

That's really interesting, I have a feeling that the first year or so of games for this will be largely indie games. They should be cheap enough that Sony can fund them if they need to while the library builds, once that's taken care of other devs should jump on.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.