By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Project Morpheus coming first half of 2016 with OLED Display 1080p/120 FPS

V-r0cK said:
I have a bad feeling Sony's E3 conference will consist mostly about this.

doubt it! there will be many third parties there. 

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
V-r0cK said:

Well i hope im wrong as I'm looking forward to many great games (normal games, not ones that doesn't utilize the VR) for the PS4, I just feel at good chunk (a third?) of their conference will be about the VR headset since it's new.

V-r0cK said:
bananaking21 said:

Well i hope im wrong as I'm looking forward to many great games (normal games, not ones that doesn't utilize the VR) for the PS4, I just feel at good chunk (a third?) of their conference will be about the VR headset since it's new.

i think they will find a right balance. a bit of both and then the rest is third parties and indies. remember, they have gamescom and PSX events too, they wont go all out. 

V-r0cK said:

Well, it is definitely better than talking about the Powers TV show for 20 minutes, but yeah, I do understand where you're coming from. I'm confident that Sony will balance out between Morpheus and game announcements.

It doesn't say games HAVE to run at 120 fps, just that the monitor has a 120hz refresh rate, so if a dev wants to make it 120 fps, they can.

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
bananaking21 said:

probably not, in pretty much all the conferences (apart from it's intial reveal last GDC) all Sony did was straight to the point say "we can't really show it on a screen, so come experience it in the booth" and even in this years GDC it was just 15 minutes of "we made these changes" followed by "now line up for hands-on demos"

This will not be the first VR tech that goes commercial. Nintendo will announce at E3 2015 that they will release Wiirtual Boy (Name is choosen to confuse as many people as possible). It will be released in November 2015.

• It will have Google Glass technology instead of a heavy screen. 
  • It will be able to scan a rooms geometry and display 3D AR images (much like HoloLens). 
  • It will have the same streaming technology as the Wii U gamepad, with very low latency.
  • It will be possible to control movement with all Nintendos controllers (wiimote + nunchuk, gamepad, Pro controller)
OT Morpheus will be fine and yet another reason to get a PS4.

baloofarsan said:

This will not be the first VR tech that goes commercial. Nintendo will announce at E3 2015 that they will release Wiirtual Boy (Name is choosen to confuse as many people as possible). It will be released in November 2015.

• It will have Google Glass technology instead of a heavy screen. 
  • It will be able to scan a rooms geometry and display 3D AR images (much like HoloLens). 
  • It will have the same streaming technology as the Wii U gamepad, with very low latency.
  • It will be possible to control movement with all Nintendos controllers (wiimote + nunchuk, gamepad, Pro controller)
OT Morpheus will be fine and yet another reason to get a PS4.

That depends entirely on price IMO. If it's too high then the PS4 will help sell Morpheus, but it won't help sell that many PS4s (it will help sell 'some' though)

The PS5 Exists. 

Ryng_Tolu said:
120FPS!? O-O

As it must be divided per 2 for 3D and it's a premium device, it's the minimum viable.

I'm iffy about it due to how PS Move and EyeToy went. I cant recall anything fun with either device. I don't want to jump on board and just have an expensive paper weight D:

anyone know the pricing point they're aiming for?

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick