By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PlayStation 4 hits 20.2 million units sold worldwide

Again undertracked ?

Around the Network
colafitte said:

Mmm, Impressive numbers again for PS4 after the disappointing 18'5m number of January (at least for me). PS4 could reach 25 mill by E3 2015....

And if PS4 sold 1'7m in 2015 until March 1, how much have XBO sold???, 0'5m-0'6m???, so around a 3:1 ratio against its main rival during 2015....very impresive indeed.

I think thats the thing, people are still fighting over NPD sales being only a small 40K difference or whatever, but its the rest of the world where its just being massively beaten. Probably shows why the XBO has had some massive deals coming along this week.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

undertracked for sure unless it does 400k a week next two weeks

So, any average of 225,000 per week in the past 8 weeks.

zumnupy10 said:
Again undertracked ?

No, because The Order shot PS4 up to 500k. You'll see this next week. Oh yeah, thanks to The Order's great legs it followed that week up with another 300k consoles sold.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Still no word from MS on XBone sales. I'm beginning to question if they've even sold through that 10 million shipped yet. They shouldn't be being so hush hush.

OT: PS4 broke the 20 million mark! Woooo!

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

That 50% market share is getting really close now.

zumnupy10 said:
Again undertracked ?

Below is all VGChartz numbers:

19.4million as of February 14th
170k sold for February 8th - February 14th
20.2million - (19.4million + 0.17mil*2)= 20.2million - 19.74million = ~460k undertracked, based on VGChartz LTD number as of February 14th and using February 8th - February 14th VGChartz sales to estimate February 15th - February 28th sales. The Order might have shifted a few units (not a lot), so 400k+ undertracked I'd say. I'm also not saying The Order sold 50k units, just adding some breathing room.

It would be funny if iii just made the last 2 weeks of February at 200K apiece lol.

I'm most interested in seeing if the adjustments push the PS4 past 180K a week.

DialgaMarine said:
Still no word from MS on XBone sales. I'm beginning to question if they've even sold through that 10 million shipped yet. They shouldn't be being so hush hush.

OT: PS4 broke the 20 million mark! Woooo!

They've definitely sold through that 10 million shipment. The alternative is that the X360 is a complete beast in its 9(?)th year and that is unlikely.