By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why is soccer so unpopular in the US?

The overt manliness and latent sexual tension is too much for the average Pax Americana psyche to grasp in its entirety.

Around the Network

maybe americans just dont like kicking balls?

because its boring as fuck and theres only 1 goal per game. And people are pussies and take dives just to get a penalty kick, then they act injured all the time.

NFL = Football not soccer

coolestguyever said:
because its boring as fuck and theres only 1 goal per game. And people are pussies and take dives just to get a penalty kick, then they act injured all the time.

NFL = Football not soccer

Thats just your opinion. There is a reason why its BY FAR the most watched and played sport in the world. 500 Million people kick a FOOTBALL every week.

America are to tied up in sports THAT NOBODY ELSE IN THE WORLD LIKES  that they are good at so they show ignorance to all the other sports, consequently fail at them.

O ye and finally its called football not soccer. 95% of the world call it football. And it is called that because it is the sport where you use your feet, not your hands hence the name.

Personally, I think it's not that we hate Soccer, we're just so wrapped up in our own overcrowded sports market that we don't give two cruds about it. Face the facts: in America, Classic Rules (as I like to call it) can't compete with our three biggest sports, sports being Yankee Rules (as they call it everywhere else); Baseball (which is an obsession just about everywhere); and Basketball (which is steadily gaining popularity all over this 3rd rock from Sol, and is, more importantly, an American invention).

My point is that we Americans do not have the room in our attention spans for 4 MAJOR TEAM SPORTS! And before you accuse my fellow Americans for the crime of ignorance, know this: we CANNOT be judged on the same SCALE as EVERY OTHER COUNTRY! The many countries that outrank us in just about EVERYTHING do so because they have been countries FOR FAR LONGER THAN WE HAVE! OK? *calms himself down, clears his throat* So in review, people from foreign countries should not be so judgmental about my fellow Americans and our outright unawareness of all things Soccer, Football, Futbol, or whatever you want to call it... Lord only knows we won't waste time judging you for getting or not getting Yankee Rules...-- allaboutthegames885

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!

Around the Network

It's not that it's unpopular, it's just how mass media sell it to you.

You need a band wagon before them sheeple follow...

Americans don't play rugby either do they.

I guess it's cuz they are so soft and a bit limp wristed, which is why they wear a suit of armour to play American football compared to rugby players.

Americans are more interested in American Football than Soccer.

llewdebkram said:
Americans don't play rugby either do they.

I guess it's cuz they are so soft and a bit limp wristed, which is why they wear a suit of armour to play American football compared to rugby players.

You've gotta be kidding me. Tell me you're not that ignorant.

An NFL career takes 10 years off the life span of the player on average. 10 years! Most players have debilitating injuries throughout the remainder of their lives.I'm sure professional rugby is jus as tough, but it's very ignorant for you to go into this spouting shit you know nothing about. Find some info on the average lifespan of a professional rugby player. Let's see if it matches up.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

The amount of anti-American posts in this thread is just staggering. I'm seriously considering going on a banning spree regardless of how old some of these posts are.