By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - one game could change WiiU´s fate. What do you prefer?

What do you Prefer?

Nintendo and Activision p... 14 6.11%

Nintendo And Square Enix ... 19 8.30%

Remake: Super Mario 64 HD... 15 6.55%

Pokemon MMORPG or Sandbox 64 27.95%

Nintendo And Capcom partn... 7 3.06%

GTA VI (Exclusive Wii U) 48 20.96%

Metal Gear Solid (Exclusive Wii U) 1 0.44%

Amiibo Videogame 12 5.24%

New IP 44 19.21%

Star Wars Battlefront exclusive Wii U 5 2.18%

Total:229
DAXFM said:
Platina said:
Option 2 would be what I want them to do... but I think the most probable is that Nintendo will make an Amiibo Land game (option 8)

Better yet, partner with SE and make a new game (Mario RPG) instead of another remake

Nintendo infinity? :)

Basically..

I mean, they already know that amiibos sell really well. How to make it sell even more (excluding restocking) is by making a game centralized around it. Mario Party 10 already has an amiibo exclusive mode and Nintendo Land shows how they can mash their IPs into one game.

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Maybe a Amiibo specific game like skylanders, or GTA 6 could help save the Wii U.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Getting GTA as an exclusive certainly would get people's attention, but the amount of money that would be necessary might be a little much, plus if it doesn't end up working then that just leaves them with less money. I feel that the safest bet would be a Skylanders-like amiibo game.

Final Fantasy VII Remake just for my personal tastes. Almost 20 years late, but finally on a Nintendo platform, lol.

I'd rather they just stick with what they have going for the Wii U, come their enxt system I;d expect them to throw out the big guns and not skimp on the hardware and gather third parties back once again.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:

Nintendo uses all their money, and secures GTA VI as a Wii u exclusive. Because:

*It would sell so many consoles it's not even funny

*The meltdowns would be out of this world.

EDIT: Wut, you wrote that in the OP? How did I miss that?

The real meltdown would be the nintendo share price dropping like a rock.  

OT I picked gta 6 because it would have the most effect. Hones though no one game could change its fate.  

Samus Aran said:
Nintendo would have to pay up to $1 billion in order vfor GTA VI to be exclusive. Do you guys want them bankrupt?

Pokémon sandbox game would sell more hardware and software.

Only 1 billion?  I think you're underestimating just how big GTA is. 

Kerotan said:
Samus Aran said:
Nintendo would have to pay up to $1 billion in order vfor GTA VI to be exclusive. Do you guys want them bankrupt?

Pokémon sandbox game would sell more hardware and software.

Only 1 billion?  I think you're underestimating just how big GTA is. 

Or you're overestimating.

$30 * 45 million = $1.350 billion

It's a stupid franchise anyway. You can make an open world Pokémon game much cheaper and it would sell better than GTA VI on the Wii U.

Sorry to be a party pooper but this is one poll I must decline to be a part of as it's based on a (another) completely misrepresented quote :p

For the record, Iwata did NOT state that there was the possibility of turning WiiU's fortunes around with a single game.

I'm not sure that any of those would "save" the Wii U, but some of them could certainly help more than other.

A new IP sadly isn't going to convince people who aren't already on board. It would take some big exclusive, and as cool as a new (GOOD) Crash might be, it wouldn't do it. It would have to be something like a Pokemon MMO, or FFVII remake. That level of huge.