By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - one game could change WiiU´s fate. What do you prefer?

What do you Prefer?

Nintendo and Activision p... 14 6.11%

Nintendo And Square Enix ... 19 8.30%

Remake: Super Mario 64 HD... 15 6.55%

Pokemon MMORPG or Sandbox 64 27.95%

Nintendo And Capcom partn... 7 3.06%

GTA VI (Exclusive Wii U) 48 20.96%

Metal Gear Solid (Exclusive Wii U) 1 0.44%

Amiibo Videogame 12 5.24%

New IP 44 19.21%

Star Wars Battlefront exclusive Wii U 5 2.18%

Total:229
Kerotan said:
Samus Aran said:

Lol, no. That equals 150 million sold copies. Any company would be damaged by buying GTA as an exclusive.

And a game where you shoot down innocent people on the street as entertainment is pretty stupid if you ask me. But then again, it's the stupid games that usually sell the most.

Microsoft wouldn't be damaged.  And I'm well aware how the numbers look but Rockstar wouldn't sell it for that alone.  It would damage the series greatly so they'd want big compensation.  And gta 6 will be expected to grow in their eyes.  I'm telling you the price would be way higher than 1 billion some seem to think.  

I don't think it's stupid at all. Btw they are not innocent people.  They are pixels on a screen made up by ones and zeroes.  Big difference.  

Then why doesn't MS do it? ;)

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Kerotan said:

Microsoft wouldn't be damaged.  And I'm well aware how the numbers look but Rockstar wouldn't sell it for that alone.  It would damage the series greatly so they'd want big compensation.  And gta 6 will be expected to grow in their eyes.  I'm telling you the price would be way higher than 1 billion some seem to think.  

I don't think it's stupid at all. Btw they are not innocent people.  They are pixels on a screen made up by ones and zeroes.  Big difference.  

Because the company is about maximising profits.  Shareholders would kick up a fuss.  The company overall is such a beast it really would be fine.  Nintendo on the other hand would be in some deep shit.  Sony the same But to a lesser extent because they'd get more back from a deal like that.  

Kerotan said:
Samus Aran said:

Because the company is about maximising profits.  Shareholders would kick up a fuss.  The company overall is such a beast it really would be fine.  Nintendo on the other hand would be in some deep shit.  Sony the same But to a lesser extent because they'd get more back from a deal like that.  

So it would damage them. You're contradicting yourself.

Sony is in deeper shit than Nintendo. Compare their debts lol. They can't afford a $3 billion purchase lol. Nintendo actually can, they have about $10 billion in the bank alone. It would be a dumb investment though.

Samus Aran said:
Kerotan said:

Sony is in deeper shit than Nintendo. Compare their debts lol. They can't afford a $3 billion purchase lol. Nintendo actually can, they have about $10 billion in the bank alone. It would be a dumb investment though.

No it wouldn't damage the overall company Microsoft.  It's as simple as that.  They wouldn't do it for the investor reason but it doesn't mean they couldn't easily do it. 

Sony have turned the tide and are worth a good bit more than nintendo.  Nintendos value going down and if their next console flops that share price will be hit hard.  Sony on the other hand have a gold mine for the next 6 or 7 years.  And my point is nintendo would make back way less of the investment than sony would.  So straight off the bat it's a worse deal for ninty.  

I would rather see Nintendo partner up with Rockstar to revive the long dead IP Gumshoe as a "gritty," "mature" detective game...
NES Zapper optional...

Have a nice day...

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Samus Aran said:

No it wouldn't damage the overall company Microsoft.  It's as simple as that.  They wouldn't do it for the investor reason but it doesn't mean they couldn't easily do it. 

Sony have turned the tide and are worth a good bit more than nintendo.  Nintendos value going down and if their next console flops that share price will be hit hard.  Sony on the other hand have a gold mine for the next 6 or 7 years.  And my point is nintendo would make back way less of the investment than sony would.  So straight off the bat it's a worse deal for ninty.  

I don't think you know how a business works... Sony hasn't turned the tide yet. They can't afford a $3 billion deal.

And it would damage MS otherwise investors would jump on it lol. Those $3 billon could be invested in something much smarter. You're contradicting yourself.

Capcom is too afraid to make Resident Evil 2 and 3 remakes :P. I have to go with new IP. Nothing on that list is in any possible reality that would bring back Wii U.

Samus Aran said:
Kerotan said:

I don't think you know how a business works... Sony hasn't turned the tide yet. They can't afford a $3 billion deal.

And it would damage MS otherwise investors would jump on it lol. Those $3 billon could be invested in something much smarter. You're contradicting yourself.

Lol that's because Microsoft investors make a lot of money and want to make even more.  It would annoy them but as I've said the company as a whole wouldn't be damaged.  

And I know full well sony are not all rosy yet but they have turned the corner.  You should take a look at their stock price.  double the low point of yesteryear.  Nintendo's has fallen very low too and they're in big trouble if the next console flops again.  I said both sony and Nintendo would be hurt for the record.  I'm just saying sony would get the better return of the two.  

Kerotan said:
Samus Aran said:

Lol that's because Microsoft investors make a lot of money and want to make even more.  It would annoy them but as I've said the company as a whole wouldn't be damaged.  

And I know full well sony are not all rosy yet but they have turned the corner.  You should take a look at their stock price.  double the low point of yesteryear.  Nintendo's has fallen very low too and they're in big trouble if the next console flops again.  I said both sony and Nintendo would be hurt for the record.  I'm just saying sony would get the better return of the two.  

And I'm telling you that Sony could litteraly not afford such a deal. Nintendo can.
Instead of looking at stock price you should take a look at Sony's debt and Nintendo's bank account.

http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Sony_%28SNE%29/Data/Long-Term_Debt

Samus Aran said:
Kerotan said:

And I'm telling you that Sony could litteraly not afford such a deal. Nintendo can.
Instead of looking at stock price you should take a look at Sony's debt and Nintendo's bank account.

http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Sony_%28SNE%29/Data/Long-Term_Debt

Lol you don't understand how business works do you?  They could take out a loan, sell assets,  raise funds.  to say they can't is just wrong.  

And this thread is already so hypothetical so dunno why you discarding equally hypothetical situations