By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The one and only! The Order: 1886 Angry Review

I'm not watching the whole thing, but holy shit those first 45 seconds are gold. The Lycan encounters were, by far, the most disappointing thing in the game imho. I didn't have nearly the amount of trouble with the shotgunners as he did though. That enemy that keeps killing him isn't a shotgunner, it's one of the games "mini bosses" who come in 3-4 times in the game armored to the teeth and carrying one of the more deadly weapons. The actual shotgunners are the guys who charge in with no armor and are pretty easy to kill, but do tons of damage.

He's right about the prologue part, too. This is something that should have been a $20-30 PSN title, something like an appetizer for the eventual next chapter in the game.

Around the Network

Angry Joe always makes the best reviews...

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Those graphics are pretty damn insane. It'll probably be 2 generations until Nintendo gets to that point haha.

If it is true that there is approximately 2 hours of cutscenes in a 6-7 hour long game, that is pretty disappointing.

1doesnotsimply

Angry Joe is one of the few reviewers I like. He seems to review games, rather than just be a 5 minute advertisement.

Absolutely love angry joe's reviews and opinions. This is what gaming journalism needs imo, brutal honesty!

I've always found his reviews to be spot on as well.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network

Nice review, besides the little rant with the shotgunners mini-bosses.
Really think this game is coming for free in PS+, maybe even this year or maybe the next.

PS:
Great tech demo though, let's hope someone puts this engine to good use eventually.

FarleyMcFirefly said:
Those graphics are pretty damn insane. It'll probably be 2 generations until Nintendo gets to that point haha.

If it is true that there is approximately 2 hours of cutscenes in a 6-7 hour long game, that is pretty disappointing.

To be fair with what Chris Roberts is doing with his Star Citizen game it would take at least 2 gens for Sony and MS to get to a point where they could handle Star Citizen properly lol.

Good review as always, Joe is probably the one reviewer I like that tends to play it in a funny or pissed off moment, TB for in depth technical reviews and being harsh from the start to end and Jim for a bit of both with some British slagging.

I'm glad this is a thing though from the last review that could probably go with anything overdone.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I thought video games were rated from 7.5 to 10 out of 10, what is this 4 out of 10.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

walsufnir said:

Warning, guys! Spoilers ahead!

I watched it on Youtube so I didn't get to see this, but yeah, major spoilers.  After watching Angry Joe's review though I'll no longer be defending the possibility of the game being decent because the QTEs and the short time was all that journalists complained about.  Angry Joe actually pointed out some major issues with the gameplay outside of those segments.  The ally AI, the enemy AI on several occassions, cheap bullet sponge enemies, and two identical QTE boss battles.  I completely agree with Angry Joe's opinion after seeing these issues first hand.  It's unfortunate that people buy into garbage like this. 

kupomogli said:
walsufnir said:

Warning, guys! Spoilers ahead!

I watched it on Youtube so I didn't get to see this, but yeah, major spoilers.  After watching Angry Joe's review though I'll no longer be defending the possibility of the game being decent because the QTEs and the short time was all that journalists complained about.  Angry Joe actually pointed out some major issues with the gameplay outside of those segments.  The ally AI, the enemy AI on several occassions, cheap bullet sponge enemies, and two identical QTE boss battles.  I completely agree with Angry Joe's opinion after seeing these issues first hand.  It's unfortunate that people buy into garbage like this. 

That people aren't arguing where he is wrong is telling... Of course we could argue about the score but not the things he points out in this review.