By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The one and only! The Order: 1886 Angry Review

kupomogli said:
walsufnir said:

Warning, guys! Spoilers ahead!

I watched it on Youtube so I didn't get to see this, but yeah, major spoilers.  After watching Angry Joe's review though I'll no longer be defending the possibility of the game being decent because the QTEs and the short time was all that journalists complained about.  Angry Joe actually pointed out some major issues with the gameplay outside of those segments.  The ally AI, the enemy AI on several occassions, cheap bullet sponge enemies, and two identical QTE boss battles.  I completely agree with Angry Joe's opinion after seeing these issues first hand.  It's unfortunate that people buy into garbage like this. 

There aren't any bullet sponges. That one guy he couldn't kill no matter how many shots you take you're supposed to just run away from. But I had to die a number of times before I figured out that you're not supposed to kill him. And no doubt Joe figured that out too because he got to the end of the game. I don't know why people keep saying it's a QTE-fest. It's not. It might have more QTEs than some people want (and some people want none), but to me it's not the number of QTE's that are a problem. It's that some of them are strangely employed. Most of the time they are fine. And there isn't just one appraoch to stealth sections. Also I knew I'd put in more hours than 6-7. My run time for my first time through will be 10 hours, so in my version of the game the custscenes are only 20% of the game. The uncollectables are stupid. No point to them at all, and I'm ponly doing them to get the platinum. The story is OK, but not good enough to play through more than once for the story, unlike TLOU which is worth playing through just for the story like watching your favourite movie every now and then.

I like the game fine, there's plenty to criticise but the game is still pretty good.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

I tend to agree with his reviews and points more then any other website.