By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Charts Week Ending 28 February 2015

GTAexpert said:
walsufnir said:
bananaking21 said:

not small, but better than other AAA titles in the same time frame. like infamous or titanfall

Infamous SS started around 77k, The Order is between 36,127 and 47,284 according to GAF. So you see that the drop of 67% that SS had has to be put in relation. Based on this number SS second week could well have outsold The Order's first week.

Infamous: Second Son had was a better game, had better reviews, mass appeal and was the first awesome PS4 exclusive. So that is to be expected.

But still, The Order: 1886 has sold over 52k in UK which is good.

And then you put it in context with what bananaking said. Judging only by drops in percent is a limited view when talking about sales.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
GTAexpert said:
walsufnir said:
bananaking21 said:

not small, but better than other AAA titles in the same time frame. like infamous or titanfall

Infamous SS started around 77k, The Order is between 36,127 and 47,284 according to GAF. So you see that the drop of 67% that SS had has to be put in relation. Based on this number SS second week could well have outsold The Order's first week.

Infamous: Second Son had was a better game, had better reviews, mass appeal and was the first awesome PS4 exclusive. So that is to be expected.

And then you put it in context with what bananaking said. Judging only by drops in percent is a limited view when talking about sales.

It is so indeed. But that is better than expected, atleast in terms of percentages.

Driveclub is back? That is odd.

I am glad that next gen ips are dominating the charts. Hopefully it encourages more developers.

walsufnir said:
Nice to see Forza Horizon 2 is still rising. The Order 1886 dropped like expected.

If this keeps up sales of FH2 in the UK will be higher than the US on the X1.

Proud to be a Californian.

walsufnir said:
GTAexpert said:
walsufnir said:

That's all well and good, but the % drop also tells us the game is not flopping. A flop would drop by 80% or more regardless of the opening number.

Also if VGC is close to correct for Evolve it means the Order did about 25% better than the Xb one sku (the highest sku) of Evolve. It also did slightly better than Majora's Mask, again if VGC is close to correct for that. And the Order's drop is 10% lighter than Evolve's 2nd week drop, and 14% lighter than Majora's Mask. So it started higher and dropped less.

It could even be that The Order week 1 will be greater than Dying Light's week 1 best selling sku (PS4). Which would actually make The Order the best launching individual format new release in the UK for the year so far. And of those new releases it's had the lightest 2nd week drop for any new release that lauched at number 1. Saints Row had a lighter drop, but it launched at number 5.

It's a good result for The Order but that's all, just good.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
Sh1nn said:
The Order: 1886 1st week > 36,127
The Order: 1886 2nd week > 15,986 (-56%)

The Order: 1886 LTD > 52,113

Dying Light

PS4 (57%)
XBO (40%)
PC (3%)

Dragon Ball Xenoverse

PS4 (50%)
XBO (32%)
360 (9%)
PS3 (9%)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=154236023&postcount=59

So, only 36k for The Oder in the first week?

That isn't so good... it have sold like Sunset Overdrive.

Ryng_Tolu said:
Sh1nn said:

Dying Light

PS4 (57%)
XBO (40%)
PC (3%)

Dragon Ball Xenoverse

PS4 (50%)
XBO (32%)
360 (9%)
PS3 (9%)

He says its between 36k and 47k. It also didn't have a bundle.

GTAexpert said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
Sh1nn said:

Dying Light

PS4 (57%)
XBO (40%)
PC (3%)

Dragon Ball Xenoverse

PS4 (50%)
XBO (32%)
360 (9%)
PS3 (9%)

He says its between 36k and 47k. It also didn't have a bundle.

Oh, now i know.

Well, +40k isn't bad if it is.

So happy for Dying Light. I was afraid that the physical release might underperform due to it being late, but it deserves to be #1, it is an awesome game. And with solid digital numbers, Techland has a huge hit. I hope they make DL2 in a couple of years, I'll gladly buy it.

Burek said:
So happy for Dying Light. I was afraid that the physical release might underperform due to it being late, but it deserves to be #1, it is an awesome game. And with solid digital numbers, Techland has a huge hit. I hope they make DL2 in a couple of years, I'll gladly buy it.

gonna play it today actually, downloaded it a few days ago. i really liked dead island and this seems to be better in every way.