By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What if The WiiU's rumored AAA Game is Kingdom hearts 3?

Kami said:
sc94597 said:

What makes their opinion the popular one? People look for specs and don't care about the context in their comparisons. The people who made this estimate obviously made conditional statements like, if we assume, and there is still we don't know. Then somebody who just wanted to make lists compared what they could find without understanding these conditions.  I never said the Wii U GPU is 550 gigaflops. I said that the Wii U's GPU is based on a card that outputs around 480 gigaflops, and there are just as many estimates with the Wii U's low end being 350 gigaflops and upper end being 550 gigaflops. Somebody scouring the internet will probably average both these views and choose 350 gigaflops. The truth is though, nobody knows what the upper and lower limits of the Wii U's potential is, because the GPU is not that simple. And theoretical performance doesn't always translate to real world performance. This all started because you thought the 350 gigaflop estimate was official, which prove my point. People look for an easy number to quantify things without understanding the context from which that number was found. 

Ok so the Wii U being at most is around 550 right? You do realize that still makes it much weaker right. And earlier you said games like Xenoblade were CPU intesive. This is not 2005 games no matter what type these days are almost always GPU intesive. SO games like Xenoblade would benefit from a more powerful GPU then a CPU. 

I never said the Wii U was comparable to PS4/Xbone. It obviously isn't, regardless of its theoretical estimate. Having said that, it is much better than last generation consoles.

There are many CPU bounded games.  Watch Dogs, Dragon Age Inquisition, and Far Cry 4 are examples of recently released games that are CPU dependent. 

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Kami said:

Ok so the Wii U being at most is around 550 right? You do realize that still makes it much weaker right. And earlier you said games like Xenoblade were CPU intesive. This is not 2005 games no matter what type these days are almost always GPU intesive. SO games like Xenoblade would benefit from a more powerful GPU then a CPU. 

I never said the Wii U was comparable to PS4/Xbone. It obviously isn't, regardless of its theoretical estimate. Having said that, it is much better than last generation consoles.

There are many CPU bounded games.  Watch Dogs, Dragon Age Inquisition, and Far Cry 4 are examples of recently released games that are CPU dependent. 

You are comparing a PC chart to console gaming. Console Games are GPU intesive. PC games need a balance but if you an i5 and stick a Titan Z in your PC there won't be many games you won't play maxed out. 

Current Consoles: PS3, PS4, Wii U

PC Specs: i7-4770, GTX 560 Ti, 12GB 1600Mhz DDR3

Materia-Blade said:
Kami said:

Still no.

You really don't know what you're saying. You said Bayonetta 2 ran at 60 fps I proved you wrong and no response. You say games are bad ports but don't explain why and you claim the Wii u can handle ports from PS4 and Xbox One but can't name a decent one. SO you tell me what is the Wii U GPU AT THE most rated?

bigtakilla said:
CrankyFlameBunny said:

You're basing it off early footage? For all we know this is probably the Alpha version of the game with more imrovements coming.

EDIT: Comment Above mine (I forgot how to quote lol)

What if it's not?

What do you mean if it's not? They are Showing Alpha/Beta gameplay for FFXV, why would they show actual footage for KH3? The game will not see an actual release for a few more years and those few more years will add improved features and use more of the PS4/XBONE's power. They wouldn't just show a completed game right now and hold it off for months time for the giggles. They will show Actual completed gameplay when the game is close to a release date. Also the Trailes clearly states "Work in Progress"

Kami said:

You are comparing a PC chart to console gaming. Console Games are GPU intesive. PC games need a balance but if you an i5 and stick a Titan Z in your PC there won't be many games you won't play maxed out. 

The PS4 and Xbone obviously prove this false. Their crappy CPU's have hindered their performance when compared with PC's that have comparable GPU's. (Compare a PC with a r9 270x  and a FX6300 to a PS4 in performance.) The PC wins easily, and the console has the advantage of a closed platform over the PC. CPU's can bottleneck any system, it doesn't matter if it is closed (console) or open (pc) platform. Can you give me a reason why you think this would be otherwise? Multiplatform games would use the GPU and CPU just as much on any platform it is on. 

Around the Network
CrankyFlameBunny said:

What do you mean if it's not? They are Showing Alpha/Beta gameplay for FFXV, why would they show actual footage for KH3? The game will not see an actual release for a few more years and those few more years will add improved features and use more of the PS4/XBONE's power. They wouldn't just show a completed game right now and hold it off for months time for the giggles. They will show Actual completed gameplay when the game is close to a release date. Also the Trailes clearly states "Work in Progress"

Isn't the trend usually a downgrade rather than an upgrade? (See: Watch Dogs.) 

Kami said:
Materia-Blade said:

Still no.

You really don't know what you're saying. You said Bayonetta 2 ran at 60 fps I proved you wrong and no response. You say games are bad ports but don't explain why and you claim the Wii u can handle ports from PS4 and Xbox One but can't name a decent one. SO you tell me what is the Wii U GPU AT THE most rated?

Bayonetta 2 runs at 60fps, even if it falls a little. Do I really have to explain why bad ports are bad? even when they run worse than on ps360, on a console that is much more powerfull than ps360? Name a decent one? why does one need to exist? wii u exclusives run far better and are more graphically intensive than eny multiplatform it got, proving the multis are unoptimized so far. Also, it's not like the unprofessional thirds have ported a game that isn't on ps360 to wii u. There is project cars though.

Darwinianevolution said:
It coud outsell the XBone version, but there's no way it could do that to the PS4 version.

It WOULD outsell the Xbox One version simply due to Japan. 

sc94597 said:
Kami said:

The PS4 and Xbone obviously prove this false. Their crappy CPU's have hindered their performance when compared with PC's that have comparable GPU's. (Compare a PC with a r9 270x  and a FX6300 to a PS4 in performance.) The PC wins easily, and the console has the advantage of a closed platform over the PC. CPU's can bottleneck any system, it doesn't matter if it is closed (console) or open (pc) platform. Can you give me a reason why you think this would be otherwise? Multiplatform games would use the GPU and CPU just as much on any platform it is on. 

Now you're reaching lol. Battlefield 4, Metro Redux, Call Of Duty, Wolfenstien all run at 60 fps. The CPU of the PS4 and Xbox One have not hinder their performance one bit. Software will improve over the generation and more and more games will be running at 60 fps in the next couple of years but what you said is 100% false. 

Materia-Blade said:
Kami said:

Bayonetta 2 runs at 60fps, even if it falls a little. Do I really have to explain why bad ports are bad? even when they run worse than on ps360, on a console that is much more powerfull than ps360? Name a decent one? why does one need to exist? wii u exclusives run far better and are more graphically intensive than eny multiplatform it got, proving the multis are unoptimized so far. Also, it's not like the unprofessional thirds have ported a game that isn't on ps360 to wii u. There is project cars though.

Again I give you a link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8btNuuCY90

The game never runs at a constant 60 fps during intense gameplay. The only time it hits 60 is during fixed animations or when absolutely nothing is going on and even then the game still struggles with 60 fps. The game is unlocked, not 60 fps. If that were the case then Tomb Raider on PS4 is 60 fps since it hits it a few times. Project cars will not be any better I bet.